2024.14.5 update just pushed

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
Just got this pushed to my truck early this afternoon Pacific time. This seems like an incremental update to 2024.14.3 based on the notes (well, based on the lack of notes, I should say--tapping release notes directs me to 2024.14.3's release notes so usually that means no new features added). Has anyone installed it yet? Wishful thinking probably, but I'm just hoping on one of these updates we'll see AP/FSD
Sponsored

SteelRhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TMY LR AWD, 2024 Cyberbeast
Country flag
Installing it now, but just says minor updates. Don't think it has AP or FSD, that would be a big deal, don't you think?

Frank_Castle

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
Pulling it down now as well. couldn't find any notes online

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Installing it now, but just says minor updates. Don't think it has AP or FSD, that would be a big deal, don't you think?
AP and FSD will more than likely be accompanied by a week number increase.

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
It said 30 minutes to install but it’s been almost an hour now. Did it take as long to install for you guys?

OP
OP

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
Some person on Reddit said he got some PowerShare screens in the app after he installed the new update but I didn’t see any…didn’t even notice the nav icon change myself!

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, DM Cybertruck, C8, Ram 1500
Country flag
Well less than an hour for me.

sjarriel

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CyberTruck (Foundation Series)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope that this update fixes some major issues that I have had over the last week, since getting the 2024.14.3 update. Made a trip on the highway 2 days ago. About 200 miles each way. Started having issues with the adaptive cruise control, suddenly slowing down on the highway, with no other traffic around. Not adjusting the set speed, just slowing down. Happened 5 or 6 times on each leg of the trip. Also had issues with the windshield wiper engaging, in totally dry conditions, with my having set it to the 'Off' position. I know that they did something with the wiper function in that release, as the location of the speed/on/off popup (and its orientation) changed. This also happened 4-5 times on each leg of the trip. I tried to submit a service request through the app to report it, but got assigned to a Tesla Collision center for my appointment by the app. They clearly have some issues to work through. And what happened to the ability to report bugs via the cabin mic system? On my wife's M3, I could push the button, say Bug Report, and the describe what was happening. I tried that on the CT to report the windshield wiper issue, and it turned the damn thing back on again. Guess I will /end rant now. Sorry.

OP
OP

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
I know what you’re talking about with the windshield wiper triggering on dry glass but I think that’s something that’s built into Teslas as long as you have some sort of adaptive cruise or auto pilot enabled. I know it happens to our other ones. The other issues sound annoying as hell… Hopefully they’re fixed in this update

sjarriel

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CyberTruck (Foundation Series)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know what you’re talking about with the windshield wiper triggering on dry glass but I think that’s something that’s built into Teslas as long as you have some sort of adaptive cruise or auto pilot enabled. I know it happens to our other ones. The other issues sound annoying as hell… Hopefully they’re fixed in this update

I hope this isn't a 'feature' of the CT in Adaptive Cruise or FSD. Replacing the worn out wiper blades on a M3, MY, MS or MX is one thing. Can't wait to see how much they charge to replace that 4ft long monster on the CT. And it wasn't an issue for me under the previous version of the software.
Sponsored