2nd owner question

notanormalEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC pickup, GMC Acadia, Mercedes
Country flag
In spite of the prohibition for a new purchaser not selling a CT within a year…there are many sellers who have listed and sold their vehicles. My question is this: if a warranty issue arises during the subsequent owner’s period of ownership has anyone faced backlash from Tesla? We all know the warranty follows the vehicle but have any second owners had warranted items fixed?
Sponsored

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
In spite of the prohibition for a new purchaser not selling a CT within a year…there are many sellers who have listed and sold their vehicles. My question is this: if a warranty issue arises during the subsequent owner’s period of ownership has anyone faced backlash from Tesla? We all know the warranty follows the vehicle but have any second owners had warranted items fixed?
Great question.

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Let’s hope it’s not an issue and only worry when necessary.

Worst case is pay cash for any repair and enjoy

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, CT Foundation AWD, CB Foundation
Country flag
Why would warranty be an issue?? The warranty is designated for the car and not for the owner.

OP
OP

notanormalEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then the next question raised in my mind if a person buys from a flipper or auction is this: how is Tesla made aware of the change of ownership for promised items not yet delivered yet? We read of items like vouchers, wheel covers , etc. not yet available. They may all be going to the last owner of record when delivery was made.

These are things that concern me when one considers a flipped CT. The risks for some may not be viable considering the procurement of a vehicle literally a great time period ahead. If they are willing to pay the extra price as opposed to waiting a year or so down the road it may be worth it In their mind.

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, one should not breach the contractual agreement you agreed on.
Some people don't give a damn to breach a contract, some people don't know the potential consequence of breaching a contract. And then there are others are more risk-tolerant.

Let's cut to the chase.. why are you asking?? Are you buying one or selling one in the 2ndary market??

cheers,

beewang

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
As you said, the warranty is on a vehicle, not the ownee.

OP
OP

notanormalEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very good observation. As they say “asking for a friend!’ Which means me:whistle:

Considering buying one of the listed ones which has landed at a car dealership very near me. They bought it as they have sold a few other used Tesla models. I would be able inspect it, etc. but know no history… the positive thing is it has less than 100 miles so I assume whomever bought it did it to flip and make a profit. Perhaps they saw it had problems right from the delivery but this is playing to all of the “what if’s?”

Of greater concern is the fact that there is not a Tesla SC near my location ( in fact, there are none within several hours of me); with the early runs I am afraid of the consequences and problems with it being bricked and loaded onto a flatbed carrier enroute for a long parts wait or repair. Plus from ghosting this forum for some time and watching FUD I know it only happens to a small percentage of CT’s. I am not feeling lucky for some reason—just paranoid. But it really appeals to me. Heck, there isn’t even a supercharger anywhere within good driving range. So it would be a home charging setup.

What say you all?

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
... They bought it as they have sold a few other used Tesla models. I would be able inspect it, etc. but know no history… the positive thing is it has less than 100 miles so I assume whomever bought it did it to flip and make a profit. Perhaps they saw it had problems right from the delivery but this is playing to all of the “what if’s?”
That is a low probability play. These trucks are pretty solid, despite what you have seen on the internet on panel gaps and issues. Those are the exceptions rather than the rule.
Everyone has read the headline, "...OMG the Cybetruck is going for $240K!!.." so there are ALOT of ppl flipped their CT for profit. This is natural, this is how economics in a Capitalist Society works. You are over thinking this ... the truck are going to fine and not flipped because "there is something wrong with it.."

Of greater concern is the fact that there is not a Tesla SC near my location ( in fact, there are none within several hours of me); with the early runs I am afraid of the consequences and problems with it being bricked and loaded onto a flatbed carrier enroute for a long parts wait or repair. Plus from ghosting this forum for some time and watching FUD I know it only happens to a small percentage of CT’s. I am not feeling lucky for some reason—just paranoid. But it really appeals to me. Heck, there isn’t even a supercharger anywhere within good driving range. So it would be a home charging setup.
I am assuming you're in KY for the most part and not FL (according to your profile)
Again, Bricking is another low probability play... You are being overly paranoid. And Tesla would tow the truck at other cost (I think) if it were to be "bricked" in the US.
Lastly, I found this on the internet... this might help if you indeed live in BFE Kentucky :p

https://www.triocpg.com/hello-world...its first,Old Blankenbaker Road in Middletown.

I have a couple other comments but will reach out separately in DM.

Cheers!

beewang
Sponsored