Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I pre-ordered the cyber truck I own Volvo's
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Does anyone know how to get in the vehicle with no handles? When I'm on the job site I don't have my phone on me. It stays by my radio for the Bluetooth connection. I would really appreciate a hidden handle or better suited button that can be disabled or enabled at the owner's discretion
Sponsored

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The new EV Mustang has no handles either - it pops open a couple inches so you can get a hand in there to swing it fully open. My bet is the CT will do something similar. Have the key card in a pocket so it opens .. no phone required this way.

OP
OP
humanoidtyphoon
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
The new EV Mustang has no handles either - it pops open a couple inches so you can get a hand in there to swing it fully open. My bet is the CT will do something similar. Have the key card in a pocket so it opens .. no phone required this way.
Thanks

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I have a similar need when I do beach dives. I need to lock up the truck but not take anything with me that can get damaged. I assume I will be taking a keycard with me double bagged sandwiched in a rigid surface. Don’t want an impact cracking it.

Waiting impatiently to work out a solution.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Does anyone know how to get in the vehicle with no handles? When I'm on the job site I don't have my phone on me. It stays by my radio for the Bluetooth connection. I would really appreciate a hidden handle or better suited button that can be disabled or enabled at the owner's discretion
Okay, key fob.

Credit-card sized key card?

Fingerprint scanner?

There will be solutions.

-Crissa

PS, keycards are waterproof and can't be cracked in any meaningful way. You would have to puncture it exactly where the rfid is.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Okay, key fob.

Credit-card sized key card?

Fingerprint scanner?

There will be solutions.

-Crissa

PS, keycards are waterproof and can't be cracked in any meaningful way. You would have to puncture it exactly where the rfid is.
I am picturing a series of security protocols akin to Get Smart TVshow.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Model Y comes with an RFID card. On the MY you have to press it close to the spot on the car below the camera. I'm not sure if the car would respond to the key card from a distance or not, but you could wear one on a lanyard around your neck and just tap it to get in.

One nice thing about that is your truck isn't sitting there unlocked.

A key fob which pops the doors would be a nice to have thing for certain.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Every Tesla owner I know just uses their phone and BT 99% of the time, then the card for "dirty" time lol...

You can lock your phone in the car! The car knows when the phone is outside/inside the vehicle. If you're paranoid like me, just turn off your BT, then lock/leave the car like usual. BUT DON'T FORGET THE CARD! hahaha

The touch open doors of the Model X work the same way.

Model X comes with a fob: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/JO/model_x_eu_en.PDF
Model 3 comes with a card:

Last edited:
OP
OP
humanoidtyphoon
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Thanks for all the information much appreciated I just need to evolve I leave my keys in the car in my car unlocked I guess I'll need to carry something unless I can have the signal embedded my body

OP
OP
humanoidtyphoon
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I guess my point is I'm a carpenter I use my hands the truck will be used by hands all over people need to get in my truck to move the truck it's a utilitarian vehicle please put a Dead Man's handle somewhere

OP
OP
humanoidtyphoon
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Could you imagine if they took that directional shift away and you are stuck on a slightly sloping snowy bank and needed to rock it back and forth maybe put it in neutral and the car's computer is trying to figure out what you're doing ouch

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
How about you just look into the B pillar camera and it does a retinal scan?

The X, and I expect the other cars too, can be unlocked from anywhere in the world over the internet. If you lock your phone in it all you need to do is borrow someones smart phone, download the Tesla app, enter your user ID and password and unlock the car.

If you are in an area with no cellular coverage, don't lock your smart phone in the car.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Could you imagine if they took that directional shift away and you are stuck on a slightly sloping snowy bank and needed to rock it back and forth maybe put it in neutral and the car's computer is trying to figure out what you're doing ouch
Tesla might make rocking a menu option on the center console.
Sponsored