Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3. Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Furniture Maker/Farmer
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Cybertruck will be able to accommodate a 5th wheel hitch in the bed as well as a snow plow on the front? Both are of importance to me living in Maine as a horse farmer. I’m looking forward to getting our Cybertruck, but am worried that it’s more of an “adventure truck” than a work truck. But we went with the Cybertruck versus the Rivian R1T for obvious reasons, one being the hopes that the above features/options would be possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EVevangelist

EVevangelist

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3. Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Furniture Maker/Farmer
Country flag
Thanks for this. I did a brief search on the forum and didn't see any categories on these subjects. But thanks again! Let's hope as many do that Tesla will address these important features. It is a truck afterall!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I did a brief search on the forum and didn't see any categories on these subjects. But thanks again! Let's hope as many do that Tesla will address these important features. It is a truck afterall!
I agree with you. The Cybertruck is competing with Ford F-150, GMC/Chevy 1500, RAM 1500
and should be able to do all the standard jobs truckers buy those trucks for.
Truck is a flexible tool. Even if the first buyer did not use a plow or 5th wheel, a 2nd or 3rd owner might. That is what truck buyers expect of trucks.

Here is a thread on 5th wheels. I propose if original cybertruck is going to be a leisure truck that can not support 5th wheel & snow plows that Tesla create an optional 2nd work truck body style that can support support 5th wheel, snow plows, detachable sail panels.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...vault-no-glass-roof-passthru.1930/#post-30460

Here is a good thread by other users who want to use snow plows
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/snow-plowing.277/

Last edited:

Teds Truck

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
One of the challenges is, if you use air suspension, you limit the Truck's capabilities when it comes to a fifth wheel/plowing. I have a fully air suspension Ram 1500 and its recommended not to plow with. There is no other air suspension truck that I am aware of, other than the cybertruck. There also is a load limit with air suspension, where it protects itself under excess loads. Not sure what the Cybertruck will do, in this regard. Also, I'm not sure a 1500 is the right rating for a fifth wheel. I would have thought that 2500 or 3500 would be required (even though people like my Brother in Law, use a 1500 to do so).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The bed isn't the battery pack. Even if you needed to get under there, you could, it should come apart for repairs of the motor or battery pack.

Even more, there's been talk that the slots on the sides and floor of the bed are designed for a load to anchor there.

-Crissa
Sponsored