Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I want to ask Elon for something special: A way in which a CT owner can uniquely greet another CT owner on the street, virtually; but visible for all to see.

I want to be able to send a hologram of a smile emoji, from my CT hood to the hood of a passing CT. The greeting would appear to be "thrown" from one hood to the other. The hologram, a 6" yellow and black sphere, would appear on my hood, slowly spinning as it's drawn, then disappearing on this hood, as it appears on their's, spinning slowly. And, finally, shrinking away to nothing on their hood. Could have a "bing" or "poof" small explosive end. This process will take approximately 6 seconds.

Maybe later, you could throw a birthday cake, a shamrock, or a favorite college colors/letters... and, this could apply to all Teslas if it works well. peace
Can I get some of what you're smokin'?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Can't you just wave?
images.jpeg
When I was younger, much younger, I bought an MG. If you saw another MG on the road there was waving, headlight flashing, horn blowing .... You were part of the MG fellowship. I rather expected something like this when I got my first Tesla but it has not proven to be the case. I've been driving Teslas for 2 years now and have had exactly two instances of someone in another Tesla greeting this Tesla driver. I also rather expected some level of "say is that the Raven X - how do you like it?" at Super Chargers. Again that has not proven to be the case. I do get questions like this and comments from people at SCs but they are not Tesla drivers. Is this where I drive or is there just no "Tesla Fellowship"?

In any case I certainly hope that Tesla will not waste a single penny of mine on such foolishness as a hologram projector. I want my money to go to useful features like the "Emissions Testing" app.

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
When I was younger, much younger, I bought an MG. If you saw another MG on the road there was waving, headlight flashing, horn blowing .... You were part of the MG fellowship. I rather expected something like this when I got my first Tesla but it has not proven to be the case. I've been driving Teslas for 2 years now and have had exactly two instances of someone in another Tesla greeting this Tesla driver. I also rather expected some level of "say is that the Raven X - how do you like it?" at Super Chargers. Again that has not proven to be the case. I do get questions like this and comments from people at SCs but they are not Tesla drivers. Is this where I drive or is there just no "Tesla Fellowship"?

In any case I certainly hope that Tesla will not waste a single penny of mine on such foolishness as a hologram projector. I want my money to go to useful features like the "Emissions Testing" app.
Absolutely, only the cleanest emissions... from batteries. Ummm... Have a great day, and HEY, is that a Tesla you're driving! peace

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Forgot to mention that one of the wannabe OEMs uses a headlight design that is capable of projecting smiley faces and such onto garage doors.

With respect to Emissions Testing: it isn't really safe. I was laughing so hard the first time I tried it on my wife that I couldn't see very well through the tears.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I do like the idea of a brief smile-wave (that you could turn on or cancel) to greet oncoming CTs or any Teslas -- whether a simple low-beam flash or a more elaborate electronic signal.

As for recognizing an oncoming Tesla manually (guess I should say visually), it's not that easy, as if it were an MG. The three main Tesla models currently on the road are highly distinctive, except in their appearance.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Forgot to mention that one of the wannabe OEMs uses a headlight design that is capable of projecting smiley faces and such onto garage doors.

With respect to Emissions Testing: it isn't really safe. I was laughing so hard the first time I tried it on my wife that I couldn't see very well through the tears.
Along the lines of emissions testing, I could imagine a Tesla that gets set up with a “tail pipe” that is a bubble gun. As the Tesla drives its “exhaust” would be bubbles.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag

You tested your emissions on your wife?
Okaaay....

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
"... I could imagine a Tesla that gets set up with a “tail pipe” ....

How about a simulated gas-tank door with an Unleaded Only sign?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

In the Midwest, especially outside the two major cities here in Nebraska, it is very common to get the wave just because you are on the road. If not a wave, then you get the 4 finger over the steering wheel "Hi".