Additional charging port in front area.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I would imagine that additional charging port connector in front area of vehicle could help to bring a CT close to a charger even with a trailer attached. The connector could be mounted in a frank to minimize the exterior changes. That layout would be especially convenient in a garage with the charger on rear wall.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
What we are hoping for is two charging ports located close to each other so that the truck will be able to plug in two chargers at once at a Semi charging station or at special CT charging stations. This would mean, before taper, 500 kW or 1000 miles per hour (at least before tapering cuts in).

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think for charging ports I would want them on opposite sides, if there were two, but I do understand the wanting on the front.

Though, some home EVSE have cables are long enough to reach the side charging port, even if it was on the back wall of the garage...

Cyberchief

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, BMW X5, 1924 Ford Model T
Occupation
Fire Chief
Country flag
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I plan on towing my 1924 Ford Model T Fire Chief's Car on a flatbed car trailer. I hope the charge connection is located in a way where I don't have to disconnect the trailer when ever I charge. Or if the CT charging station is designed to be a drive through. Stay Safe

Tesla Cybertruck Additional  charging port in front area. LC 1

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think some plans have already show pull through spots that would allow a CyberTruck with a trailer to pull through and charge... And some that already have pull through spots..

But not all Superchargers are going to have this and I have not heard of any destination charges that have this feature.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I would imagine that additional charging port connector in front area of vehicle could help to bring a CT close to a charger even with a trailer attached. The connector could be mounted in a frank to minimize the exterior changes. That layout would be especially convenient in a garage with the charger on rear wall.
Surely a longer charge cord would be more practical.

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I plan on towing my 1924 Ford Model T Fire Chief's Car on a flatbed car trailer. I hope the charge connection is located in a way where I don't have to disconnect the trailer when ever I charge. Or if the CT charging station is designed to be a drive through. Stay Safe

LC 1.jpg
What a spectacle that will be! A century old antique car being pulled by a truck from the future!
Sponsored