All new Ford EV truck coming in 2025

Deleted member 12457

I wonder if EVs will influence big lifestyle choices. People en masse picking homes/condos/apartments that are EV ready or capable, not because they have one but because they want to get one. People picking employers with charging facilities. People causing places with motoring stop economies to shutter because they have sub-par charging infrastructure.

If EVs are adopted quickly it's going to be pretty jarring for a lot of people. People who reject EVs and are dedicated to ICE vehicles might be in for a rude awakening in ways they haven't even thought of.
Such is life. I've seen so many changes in my multiple decades and hope to see some more. Those who refuse to be open about change will, and have, fall by the wayside. I learned on a stick shift, those are all but gone. I started in the printing business using a letterpress, those disappeared decades ago (except small craft printers), changed to electronic typesetting then direct to plate and finally direct to press. Now printed products are close to the end of their existence. Cars started out with electric motors, then gasoline was discovered, then the oil embargoes came and we needed to find a different power source. EVs are simply a natural progression. Hot rodders are starting to remove the ICE engines, replacing them with electric motors because they are simply more powerful. They don't care about mileage, they only care about power and electric motors are more powerful. Once they accept this, they can keep whatever vehicle design they want and spend engine money on electric motors and batteries. Times change and so will car enthusiasts.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if EVs will influence big lifestyle choices. People en masse picking homes/condos/apartments that are EV ready or capable, not because they have one but because they want to get one. People picking employers with charging facilities. People causing places with motoring stop economies to shutter because they have sub-par charging infrastructure.

If EVs are adopted quickly it's going to be pretty jarring for a lot of people. People who reject EVs and are dedicated to ICE vehicles might be in for a rude awakening in ways they haven't even thought of.
Just choosing hotels, I’m more likely to pick one with a destination charger because it means I can avoid an extra stop on my trip. If I were renting a home or apartment, one with an EV charger is more appealing. In the case of an apartment doubly so because its more difficult to run power or park near 110v.

My profession is shifting largely to remote work so that’s quite the non-issue but I can see that being appealing for some people.

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
People don't make buying choices on logic, e.g. the right buttons or frame. Instead, humans make emotional-logic buying decisions. .. Oh, we think we're logical, but we're not. We run on emotion. Any good salesman will confirm this fact. .. Look at car ads. Do they list features? No. instead they show fun and status?

And people hate being seen as foolish by their friends. They don't want the guys at work to laugh at them for their new ride. Especially they don't want their mate to possibly laugh at them. Rather they want the people around them to admire their choices, and think highly of them.

This is not about speed, nor power, rather it's about emotions. People buy things that make them feel sure, that their purchase will impress their friends, e.g. "hey, checkout my new whatever." This is why people buy the latest iPhone or watch. It's not features, it's the resulting status.

So then it's not a technological disruption, it's an emotional disruption caused by more impressive products.

This is the reason using the old frame is wrong. It's not impressive. This is also the reason that the old buttons will fail. They aren't as cool.

Last edited:

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like Ford is taking notes from giga-Texas with their "Mega-Sites"

https://insideevs.com/news/552740/ford-new-fullsize-pickup-platform/amp/#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16389150904178&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com

Blue Oval City - next-generation full-size pickup platform
The current Ford F-150 Lightning is closely related to the F-150 pickup. It has batteries within the frame area and drive units in the axle area, with some substantial modifications (new rear suspension, for example).

It appears to us that the future electric pickup from Ford will be much more different than conventional ones, as by the way of the Blue Oval City "mega-sites" in Tennessee (vehicle and battery production at one site), Ford will introduce also an all-new full-size pickup platform.
Yes but when? Tried to reserve just yesterday. Reservations are closed. A lot of hooey about nothing
Sponsored