All new Ford EV truck coming in 2025

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I find that feature awesome since the CT will be a mobile office when I wish to work by cliffs or beaches when the office thinks I am in my home office.
I think it is a great feature, especially for people who work out of their trucks and use it as their mobile office.

I don't work out of mine, but I did use it over Thanksgiving when I had to make a few video calls. The flat surface, convenient 120V outlet for my laptop, built-in wifi, and massaging seats made for a nice mobile office and sure beat hanging out with the inlaws inside the house :)

Back to my original point, features like that have been developed over time with the F150 and is a good selling point for the truck. If they only switch their EV Truck to a new and different platform they run the risk of their customer base staying away from this new truck and just sticking with the ICE F150 or moving to the CT if they are already going to have to move to something different for an EV Truck.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Throwing some batteries on an existing platform is the quick/cheap way forward. Glad to see they are willing to think completely different.

Deleted member 12457

As long as they don't mess with all the BUTTONS. Real trucks MUST have BUTTONS!
I use only a couple of the buttons on my 2013 Tacoma along with the 4X4 dial selector. There are too many and most I'll never use. I got rid of the factory stereo, replacing it with an Alpine deck that has a couple buttons. The most used button is my door lock/unlock that's weared out. The more buttons the more chance of electrical problems. I'm all for a truck (any vehicle) that understands how I'm driving and on what surface and automatically makes the proper decision on how to reconfigure everything necessary to provide a safe and smooth drive. I shouldn't have to constantly push buttons and turn dials to make the truck work correctly. It should just work!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I use only a couple of the buttons on my 2013 Tacoma along with the 4X4 dial selector. There are too many and most I'll never use. I got rid of the factory stereo, replacing it with an Alpine deck that has a couple buttons. The most used button is my door lock/unlock that's weared out. The more buttons the more chance of electrical problems. I'm all for a truck (any vehicle) that understands how I'm driving and on what surface and automatically makes the proper decision on how to reconfigure everything necessary to provide a safe and smooth drive. I shouldn't have to constantly push buttons and turn dials to make the truck work correctly. It should just work!
(pssst! The comment was a joke reference to another thread comparing F-150 and CT).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if there will be a good water tight way to wire my 100 CD changer into the frunk of the Cybertruck…

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I wonder if there will be a good water tight way to wire my 100 CD changer into the frunk of the Cybertruck…
C'mon man, upgrade to DVDs for music storage......

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, lol. Personally I would just rip them all to a USB stick and be done with it and less prone to damage.