Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I can totally see having this done to a very capable traditional off-road vehicle. The protection would be great for all those branches that jump out at the vehicle or rocks that jump up to scrape the side.

But for the CT I thought the SS was doing this work already. No need for the added weight or expense. But I suppose one could look at this as similar to a custom wrap that had been ruggedized. Adds color and uniqueness. But unlike a wrap, there would be no taking it off later in case you wanted a change. Kinda like a tattoo. Better be sure you want this for life before applying it.
mad indicated in the OP, his paint was already trashed, so no risk.
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I used to have a pretty large collection of surplus military vehicles.
Everything from M1009 (militarized Chevy Blazer) to 2 1/2 ton, 900 series 5 Tons and M915 14 ton road tractors.
A lot of the younger guys that like to modify stock trucks did the Rhino lining thing. It added weight and did very little to keep the vehicles clean. After a good dip in the mud they always looked dingy.

My CT will have Cragar SS's and Lake pipes. Haters gonna hate.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Found this at the local gas station today. Look closer.... entire truck sprayed in bed liner material. If I don't get the CT, I'm tempted to get a model Y and do the same...... tough as hell! :) (I had sprayed the fenders only of my '86 Toy)

Entire cost: $280 (guessing he did it himself)

IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
Well, that's one way to assure a tight body panel fit!
Sponsored