Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think after 48 hours, if its still there.. probably true.

to paraphrase, the person who raised it as untrue, said something along the lines:
'I will wait for the company to confirm with me, if I was incorrect'

Yeah !!!
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Steel Dynamics and Elon have denied the deal, but also, pre-delivery, that's normal for Tesla's suppliers while they're negotiating.

They generally can't say they've done the thing for Tesla until the product gets delivered. Ala IDRA's videos only mentioning Tesla by name after the machine was completed.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why the mislead?
Wasn’t necessarily.

Steel Dynamics said they weren’t providing steel to Tesla… at the time they weren’t. They may not have even had a contract.

They did say they were hoping to get a contract for it. Sounds like they did.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Unless they've recently switched suppliers Starship has not used stainless steel from SDI so the plaque could very well be wrong.
Possible the sign was made by someone not affiliated with Tesla who just posted based on rumors? It was widely reported as fact so entirely possible.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, it is possible that Tesla did not put the display together.

Months ago both Steel Dynamics and Elon said Steel Dynamics was not a supplier.

So was Elon lying.
Was Steel Dynamics lying.
I would be interested to see Elon's comment in context.

And the comment by Steel Dynamics was simply that they know of no plans to make cold rolled (hardened) stainless steel. I speculated Tesla may buy the mild (unhardened) stainless steel from them and cold-roll harden it themselves as part of the panel fabrication process.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
But then where did they get that info? Possibly was just up in the air then? They are not the supplier til they’re the supplier
Exactly. Neither Tesla nor Steel Dynamics would give up their negotiating leverage until there is an actual supply contract finalized.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Steel Dynamics and Elon have denied the deal, but also, pre-delivery, that's normal for Tesla's suppliers while they're negotiating.

They generally can't say they've done the thing for Tesla until the product gets delivered. Ala IDRA's videos only mentioning Tesla by name after the machine was completed.

-Crissa
Ok. You do not know what teslas protocols are for negotiating anything. As far as I am aware, you don’t no

This Greatly affects people. There’s major wealth in the stock(for both Tesla and Steel Dynamics), people’s livelihoods are on the line. It’s more important this exhibit is accurate, than inaccurate.

Fundamentally, there is a chance Steel Dynamics isn’t involved - but they’d probably sue the shorts of Petersen for disclosing something untrue. This is basic law and business etiquette.

Bottom line, Tesla signs off on this. They’re very much controlling the exhibit. You’re honestly nuts if you think otherwise

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I’m sorry @Ogre I didn’t intentionally over post you man. Apologies. @Administrator can you merge threads?

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ok. You do not know what teslas protocols are for negotiating anything. As far as I am aware, you don’t no

This Greatly affects people. There’s major wealth in the stock(for both Tesla and Steel Dynamics), people’s livelihoods are on the line. It’s more important this exhibit is accurate, than inaccurate.

Fundamentally, there is a chance Steel Dynamics isn’t involved - but they’d probably sue the shorts of Petersen for disclosing something untrue. This is basic law and business etiquette.

Bottom line, Tesla signs off on this. They’re very much controlling the exhibit. You’re honestly nuts if you think otherwise
I tend to agree with her.

The story about Steel Dynamics was widely reported by the media as “Fact” when it was never confirmed. Most media outlets completely failed to fact check their story and when they did, few went back and updated their old stories. If the Museum put together an exhibit and pulled up some “Facts” about the stainless steel, those stories are very likely out there uncorrected.

Tesla likely at least looked over the exhibit, but it’s likely someone making sure it presents Tesla in a good light. Since they didn’t put the display together they didn’t need to have their legal team review it because it’s not Tesla’s presentation. It’s also unlikely anyone involved in their supply chain would have been involved because… why would they be?

Tesla has no dog in this. The comment doesn’t affect them at all.

If people make investing choices based on something as unsubstantiated as this, it’s their own fault.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
If people make investing choices based on something as unsubstantiated as this, it’s their own fault.
buy the rumors sell the news is the most common practice in investing there is however.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
buy the rumors sell the news is the most common practice in investing there is however.
For what it’s worth, I’m not suggesting SD isn’t the supplier. I posted the tweet because it seemed like a relevant and interesting tidbit.

But it’s not exactly a smoking gun. Sort of along the lines of “CCTV showed them enter the building on the day of the crime” sort of thing.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I’m not suggesting SD isn’t the supplier. I posted the tweet because it seemed like a relevant and interesting tidbit.

But it’s not exactly a smoking gun. Sort of along the lines of “CCTV showed them enter the building on the day of the crime” sort of thing.
Fair

did you see the poster given out last night? Looks like the semi event invite, but Cybertruck. Neat!(not my picture, I got it from Elons 0nlyf@n$ page)

Tesla Cybertruck Steel Dynamics identified as the steel supplier for Cybertruck (same as SpaceX Starship) 78232A65-9F68-46FC-A025-A1EDDE36556F

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Fair

did you see the poster given out last night? Looks like the semi event invite, but Cybertruck. Neat!(not my picture, I got it from Elons 0nlyf@n$ page)

78232A65-9F68-46FC-A025-A1EDDE36556F.jpeg
It was a poster given away at the Peterson?

Looks cool.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
It was a poster given away at the Peterson?

Looks cool.
Ya, again - not my pic but yes that was given out last night

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Possible the sign was made by someone not affiliated with Tesla who just posted based on rumors? It was widely reported as fact so entirely possible.
Yeah that would be my guess.
Sponsored