3mm stainless steel - wow

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I had a short online conversion with a Tesla engineer whose job it was to throw everything they could think of at the SS skin. He wouldn’t reveal much but said the SS skin held up to every torture test that was thrown at it. The CT owners manual will supposedly include a SS care and maintenance section.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I had a short online conversion with a Tesla engineer whose job it was to throw everything they could think of at the SS skin. He wouldn’t reveal much but said the SS skin held up to every torture test that was thrown at it. The CT owners manual will supposedly include a SS care and maintenance section.
Did they try toddler fingerprints? That is the bane of every SS refrigerator. And for some reason all the upwardly mobile middle income households seem to be threatened by the presence of fingerprints. My hunch is that there is going to be a whole new industry created around products that fight fingerprints on the CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hardness is not a feature for a stressed member of a vehicle. Even if you hit it with a sledge hammer.
I mean... It still is a thing. It's just not important unless it's a ceramic or concrete. And concrete vehicles are for Legend of Zelda, not offroad.

-Crissa

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I mean... It still is a thing. It's just not important unless it's a ceramic or concrete. And concrete vehicles are for Legend of Zelda, not offroad.

-Crissa
I had a couple of friends who made a concrete sailboat. Does that count?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I often wonder how anyone can ‘doubt’ what Elon and Franz have never wavered on since the get go. You guys have a lot of pluck. But go for it if raising doubt is your thing.
What? They reduced the size, increased the cost and removed the 6th seat. What do you mean never wavered. All the exterior will not be 3mm. They worked to lighten the truck. It’s also not truly an exoskeleton and likely doesn’t need the 3mm. My bet is only the door panels will be 3mm to keep the bullet resistant claim.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Was it for a civil engineering competition?
No, they were just geeks on their own! There was a small man made lake created in the desert, so they built the sailboat and sailed on the lake, which is now just a low pot in the middle of a failed housing development.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Was it for a civil engineering competition?
I think that is a competition to build a concrete canoe instead of a sailboat.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag

-Crissa
Tears of the Kingdom...

Warbird

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 75
Country flag
I just want to know where I can get a sample of 3mm stainless steel? All of the vendors that I can find, like on Esty / Ebay are selling 2mm bottle openers. Any other ideas?
Sponsored