Any charging changes after software update? Any faster charging?

Jackcybertruck

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RAM POWERWAGON
Country flag
Hi, I was wondering for those that own a CT since the software update to improve charging have you noticed faster charge times?
Sponsored

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
The charging changes indicated seem to be across all Tesla's that can receive it. More appropriate pre-conditioning based on type of charger headed to. Doesn't seem to be Cybertruck only. I received the same notes on the charging on our 3 and new Y we just got this week.

I think what we all want to see is Gen 4 charging rates. Then it might become frustrating to wait for that charger rollout. Yet look at the Tesla charger rollout. Something really awesome. So I think they are the only ones with the dollars to make the high charge rate needed.

Last edited:

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
It didn't even suggest the charging rate will be faster at all. What it suggested is, when you navigate to a supercharger, it preconditions assuming that every charger is 250kW. After the update, it will detect if a charger is 150 or 72 kW, and only precondition to the level needed for those charge rates. This would result in less wasted power as heat both on the way to the charger, and during charging.

Clockers

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future CT owner
Country flag
Has this update changed the charging curve at all. Based on what folks have posted it seems to dip after 20 mins

Tesla Cybertruck Any charging changes after software update? Any faster charging? IMG_1371

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Contractor, Electrical Engr, Master Electrician
Country flag
Here’s a YouTube video from out of spec podcast digesting this update’s effect on charging.

Sponsored