Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes G270, Ford transit custom
Country flag
Hi there!
I live in Italy.
Does anyone have an idea of when deliveries will start here?
thanks!
MC
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cosmar76

Cosmar76

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Gosh!

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I believe that the best answer is "between now and never" and because of regulations and size, it may be closer to the latter.

Sorry. I believe that it is EU regulations that have to do with the radius of the steel panels is a problem, as well as other things.

OP
OP
Cosmar76

Cosmar76

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
:(

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
Elon has said he wants to build locally. As there is no way for Tesla to meet the US demand in the next few years, our best bet is manufacturing in Berlin or some other yet to be built location. I was hoping 2024 but looks more like 2027 atm.

EU regulations are not the issue. We have RAMs and F150s. We have busses, semi-trucks, delivery-vans tractors and harvesting machines. Please lay off the "Europe roads and regulations will stop the CT"-narrative. I'm absolutely amazed by the ignorance of people in the new world. Lived there 1976-1980.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Elon has said he wants to build locally. As there is no way for Tesla to meet the US demand in the next few years, our best bet is manufacturing in Berlin or some other yet to be built location. I was hoping 2024 but looks more like 2027 atm.

EU regulations are not the issue. We have RAMs and F150s. We have busses, semi-trucks, delivery-vans tractors and harvesting machines. Please lay off the "Europe roads and regulations will stop the CT"-narrative. I'm absolutely amazed by the ignorance of people in the new world. Lived there 1976-1980.
What about the radius edge turn on steel body panel plates?

But, while I don't have the quote in front of me, there was indication from early last year that they just weren't going to be doing it outside the US for the foreseeable future.

I'm sorry, you have the right to complain, but it just ain't in the tea leaves right now.

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haha. Please give an example of a vehicle permitted by your liberal government that we have banned in all European countries.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Haha. Please give an example of a vehicle permitted by your liberal government that we have banned in all European countries.
Huh?

I dare say that there is not an American vehicle that could be sold as-is in Europe. Or that there is a European vehicle that could be sold as-is in the US.

There are a number of US laws that are prohibiting features that are in Europe from baing activated in the US, like the newer headlights.

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are a number of US laws that are prohibiting features that are in Europe from baing activated in the US, like the newer headlights.
And how would that prevent an Italy-made CT from being sold in the EU?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag