Any way to use my brother-in-law's reservation?

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
If he’s buying cash then it should be pretty easy. He pays cash, you pay him cash, he transfers it to you as a Gift and it’s done.
Still paying full sales tax on the transfer/ gift. Out here it's another $9500. Just in tax.

Rick
Sponsored

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Still paying full sales tax on the transfer/ gift. Out here it's another $9500. Just in tax.

Rick
In California? Hmmmmm I guess the law has changed, I’ve done plenty of Gift transfers with vehicles and paid no sales tax just reg

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
In California? Hmmmmm I guess the law has changed, I’ve done plenty of Gift transfers with vehicles and paid no sales tax just reg
I've sold / given away s few working vehicles for $1.00. But they were older. Remember that even if its a gift, 100k is not tax free for receiving a gift. Im.sure there is a tax attorney or cpa that knows what is tax free.

Even if it was part of a business you sold, the vehicles still are taxable , at least in California. Happened to my buddy that sold his plumbing business with 15 vehicles. The new guy had to pay sales tax and smog all the vehicles. Granted they were not new 100 k CT. But there were 15 vehicles to deal with 1 at a time..

Rick
Sponsored