Any word on Tesla Insurance outside of California?

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The biggest pain in my side for owning this vehicle is going to be the insurance cost... I already know its going to be insanely expensive. Anybody have Tesla brand Insurance in CA? is it that much cheaper? I hope it's available in Texas by the time I get my CT, and its competitive with Geico...
I tried to figure out once how to submit for an insurance quote for my wife's 2018 Tesla Model 3 from Tesla Insurance. Does anyone have the link for Tesla Insurance? I recall it wasn't an easy site to navigate?
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Required coverage is usually liability, and I doubt that insurers see EVs as more likely to run into what they shouldn't. The high cost of repairing them relates to collision coverage, which you can probably decline.

Not insuring really means you are self-insuring. That is, suppose you save $1k/yr on collision. If you have to spend $10k on collision damage in the first ten years, it hasn't cost you anything. If you don't have to, you keep the money instead of the insurance company.