Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k?

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I placed my order 2 mins after the revel and checked the FSD option for $7k at that time. I know there was an increase to $8k over the summer and then last week when walking a friend of mine through how to check to see if he had the FSD option selected before the $2k increase, I discovered in my reservation it shows the FSD as $8k.

Anyone else notice that on their reservation?

Update: I just checked again and clicked on edit my design. FSD is now $10k under my reservation......
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
I placed my order 2 mins after the revel and checked the FSD option for $7k at that time. I know there was an increase to $8k over the summer and then last week when walking a friend of mine through how to check to see if he had the FSD option selected before the $2k increase, I discovered in my reservation it shows the FSD as $8k.

Anyone else notice that on their reservation?

Update: I just checked again and clicked on edit my design. FSD is now $10k under my reservation......
So we can't lock in the price...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So we can't lock in the price...
A) That's what they told us at the time
B) They are liable for their statements at the time
C) the configurator isn't all there
D) No one is being asked for money right now.

I want to point out I noted this back in July but whatever. The display is clearly wrong. If someone said they were going to sell us something at a price, they have to honor that contract if they took money.

So let's not worry about a display bug in the configurator until they start actually asking for money.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
A) That's. Ot what they told us at the time
B) They are liable for their statements at the time
C) the configurator isn't all there
D) No one is being asked for money right now.

I want to point out I noted this back in July but whatever. The display is clearly wrong. If someone said they were going to sell us something at a price, they have to honor that contract if they took money.

So let's not worry about a display bug in the configurator until they start actually asking for money.

-Crissa
When did they say they would sell it for that price?
The fine print(if I remember correctly)said all prices are subject to change, that reserving dosnt guarantee the price you reserved at.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the pre-order page and multiple time from Elon's spiel.
Cybertruck preorder configurator said:
Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future.
The fine print(if I remember correctly)said all prices are subject to change, that reserving dosnt guarantee the price you reserved at.
It says that it's an estimate, but since they advertised it, and sell the product, they would be liable for it.

No one is being asked for money today, so being upset about a display error is pointless.

-Crissa

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Where are you seeing this? I looked at my reservation and there is nothing about price.

EDIT: ok i see it when you edit the reservation, but I would expect that if you make a change to the reservation you are locked into the price at the time of the change. You wont get FSD at 7k forever when you order another CT, which is what in essence you are doing when you change your CT reservation from a 2 motor to a 3 motor for example.

Last edited:

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag
Where are you seeing this? I looked at my reservation and there is nothing about price.

EDIT: ok i see it when you edit the reservation, but I would expect that if you make a change to the reservation you are locked into the price at the time of the change. You wont get FSD at 7k forever when you order another CT, which is what in essence you are doing when you change your CT reservation from a 2 motor to a 3 motor for example.
Yes, to see any pricing on your reservation you must log in at tesla.com, click the "MANAGE" button next to a Cybertruck reservation, and click on the "Edit Design" link on the lower right. You don't actually have to change anything to see your pricing.

However, everyone who does this will see that "FULL SELF-DRIVING ADDED" is now $10,000. If you opted for FSD when it was cheaper, you'll have no indication of that. You also probably have no record of it.

When I reserved a Dual Motor AWD the morning after the reveal, that figure was $7000. When I upgraded my reservation to a Tri Motor last week, the figure was $8000. Now it reads $10,000, without actually changing anything. Right underneath that figure are the words "Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future."

Are those words true? Will I pay the $7k figure that was on offer when I first selected Full Self-Driving? Or will I pay the $8k figure that was on offer when I upgraded the reservation to a Tri Motor? Or will it be something else? Only time will tell, I suppose. Tesla could be clearer about this, IMO.

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
Yes, to see any pricing on your reservation you must log in at tesla.com, click the "MANAGE" button next to a Cybertruck reservation, and click on the "Edit Design" link on the lower right. You don't actually have to change anything to see your pricing.

However, everyone who does this will see that "FULL SELF-DRIVING ADDED" is now $10,000. If you opted for FSD when it was cheaper, you'll have no indication of that. You also probably have no record of it.

When I reserved a Dual Motor AWD the morning after the reveal, that figure was $7000. When I upgraded my reservation to a Tri Motor last week, the figure was $8000. Now it reads $10,000, without actually changing anything. Right underneath that figure are the words "Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future."

Are those words true? Will I pay the $7k figure that was on offer when I first selected Full Self-Driving? Or will I pay the $8k figure that was on offer when I upgraded the reservation to a Tri Motor? Or will it be something else? Only time will tell, I suppose. Tesla could be clearer about this, IMO.
Here’s how it will likely break down.
If you reserved your truck at the $7K, and don’t touch your reservation (any changes in config), you will continue to get the $7K.

If you decide to edit the design, yourdesign is then subject to a cost raises in FSD, regardless of your initial reservation date. In their eyes, you are updating your reservation, subject to pricing at that moment in time.

This has happened in the past with price raises, and vehicles being subject to a higher FSD price when reconfigured in some way.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla will ask you to update your reservation when they're ready, and at that time your original price will be locked in.

That's not for a year yet, so no worries. Just keep your original emails archived just in case they forget.

-Crissa

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
They have to be, they wrote there.

It's not even up for debate. The law is clear. Either they give it to you or they settle with all of us.

And this bug has been in the order page for months.

-Crissa
Crissa are you new to Tesla?
This wouldn't be the first time they advertised false statements with FSD. I have a screen shot buried somewhere from mid last year where they advertised that FSD was capable of navigating on city streets.. not that it will but that it was. Or when Elon said that by end of 2019 we could participate in the Tesla fleet program. Its all arbitrary.

Last edited:

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
They did say that you would lock the price in at $7 K even if there were increases in the interim which they suggested was likely.

OP
OP
CyberT

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I have no doubt that Tesla will honor the $7k FSD to those who pre-ordered early. Why even give that option or even advertise the price of $7k if they weren't going to lock in the current price? If they are just gathering data on who is interested in purchasing FSD then there is no need to state the $7k price tag.

It is a brilliant move by Tesla in locking in the price for FSD. Think of the attachment rate of FSD when deliveries start to roll out for the CT. By the end of 2021 or early 2022 I anticipate FSD being at least a $12k option. Lets just say the first 100k CT reservation holders are given the option to purchase FSD for $7k instead of $12k, It is safe to assume of at least a 60% attachment rate which ends up to be $420 million of gross profit.

If Tesla does not honor the $7k FSD price and buyers have to pay $12k I can imagine attachment rates lower of around 20% and that makes for $240 million in gross profit.

I am not worried that Tesla will not honor the $7k FSD. I am sure it is only a glitch in the reservation pages. I was just wondering if it was only me or if other reservation holders were seeing the same thing.

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
This seems un-supported.

-Crissa
I found this for you. Parking lot summon was being sold as a feature to FSD in March of 2019. It was not available until Sept. 2019. Petty, but still false/misleading advertising.

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k? Screenshot_20201030-181141_Google

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k? 20201030_160009

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k? Screenshot_20201030-181332_Twitter
Sponsored