Anyone have an EV as their ONLY vehicle?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Agree with all that. I would hop in the car (taking my charge cord with me), put in my destination, and stop where it said. For that trip, it would only be one stop at a Supercharger for probably less than 15 minutes, maybe even 10. If they have any power in the garage you hook your car up to charge at their house.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bill906

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Agree with all that. I would hop in the car (taking my charge cord with me), put in my destination, and stop where it said. For that trip, it would only be one stop at a Supercharger for probably less than 15 minutes, maybe even 10. If they have any power in the garage you hook your car up to charge at their house.
Yes once there I can charge at dad's house. I thought there were only two superchargers on the route with one planned for the future. Just checked, apparently the future is now, the third one has been completed. It's right on my route and about an hour before dad's house. My worries of my only vehicle being electric are now completely gone. Thank you everyone.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Just double check your destination's plug type. My brother has an old house, with the ancient NEMA 6-50 garage recep. So I bought an adapter on Amazon for $25 that goes from 6-50 to the 14-50 male plug that comes with the car. My garage had an L6-30 which I installed for my welder and plasma cutter, so I bought a Tesla plug ($35) that goes into the mobile charger and to that receptacle. Having alternatives is good. The car does NOT need a neutral, despite some forum claims otherwise, meaning that it can work fine from three pin plugs as well as four pin.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Is my household an EV-only one? It's not even an EV one at the moment -- but ask me again in a year or so.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I replaced the outlet in my basement to match the one on my generator so I would just have one 240v plug for my bike.

There's a forest of old standards houses might have, and it's easy to swap a receptacle!

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Yeah, I replaced the outlet in my basement to match the one on my generator so I would just have one 240v plug for my bike.

There's a forest of old standards houses might have, and it's easy to swap a receptacle!

-Crissa
And to add to that, for anyone who fears electricity, there's a $10 device that can tell you for certain that a circuit is shut off and safe to work with.

https://smile.amazon.com/Neoteck-No...ntact+electrical+tester&qid=1628363493&sr=8-5

The outlets are marked for wire colors, green, red, white, black. In a 240 outlet you may only have three wires. It's also easy and cheap to buy or build adapters and cords.
Sponsored