OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I prefer the look of the unpolished Airstream. The polished look is going to require maintenance and attract way too much attention.

If I do wrap my truck I will pick something as close to a matte gray "shark skin" color as possible. I am thinking that CT wrapping quotes will drop to around $1500-$2000 due to the flat panels and ease of application. I have read that 2 experienced installers will be able to wrap a CT in roughly two hours.
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m going to plaster mine in refrigerator magnets ?
...and make sure they're rare earth mags or might slide off during them 2.9 sec 0-60 runs. :LOL:
Sirs, your refrigerator magnets will not need to wait for a launch, as you'll see them fall off immediately as you try to place them. The refined stainless steel used in the CT will certainly be non-magnetic, so nothing magnetic will likely even stick to it.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Sirs, your refrigerator magnets will not need to wait for a launch, as you'll see them fall off immediately as you try to place them. The refined stainless steel used in the CT will certainly be non-magnetic, so nothing magnetic will likely even stick to it.
I am not sure if the exact SS alloy has been announced. Some are non-magnetic and some are.

I think we just wait and see.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Magnets would not stick to two SS fridges we had in the past, but on a third one the magnets did indeed stick. So what is the meaning of all this? I have no idea ... and Don't Panic. :LOL:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Magnets would not stick to two SS fridges we had in the past, but on a third one the magnets did indeed stick. So what is the meaning of all this? I have no idea ... and Don't Panic. :LOL:
Yes, it's a cool thought. Plus there are many advertising magnetic signs used on vehicles (and contractor trucks as well), so it would be actually useful if it did work. It would've been easy to find this out, if someone had of taken their fridge magnets to the Peterson museum while the Cybertruck was on display there.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Yes, it's a cool thought. Plus there are many advertising magnetic signs used on vehicles (and contractor trucks as well), so it would be actually useful if it did work. It would've been easy to find this out, if someone had of taken their fridge magnets to the Peterson museum while the Cybertruck was on display there.
Hahaha! I can image the reaction of the poor guy who's job was to stand there all day, telling people "Please don't touch it, sir. Sir. SIR!"

I envision some one holding a camera and throwing magnets at it, then being dragged out of the museum! hahahaha!

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
What about using light abrasives to make a pattern in the finish? I see this on kitchen appliances and other decorative stainless surfaces. Looks cool, but you’d probably need either a computer controlled machine or artist to make it look good.

Or...some kind if bead blasting finish could look cool.

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Like I stated previously, I predict vendors will sell pre-cut kits at affordable prices for the DIY crowd. Just pick your pattern online and FedEx/UPS will drop off at your door in just a few days.
The CT brushed finish is far and away the most beautiful and practical option.

Kinevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
,Model 3, IONIC 5, Model Y
Occupation
USN
Country flag
I think it would be like camo. Almost make the truck disappear. But wonder about reflecting sunlight into other drivers eyes? Reflecting light would surely give your position away...
I’m thinking/ wondering, since this is legal, it may not be a problem.....
Tesla Cybertruck Anyone polishing their Stainless Steel Cybertruck to a mirror like finish? 1595996640675

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The CT brushed finish is far and away the most beautiful and practical option.
It would be cool if Tesla offered the "brushed finish" as a factory option. I would definitely click on that option box if it were reasonable.

I was thinking about the Delorean sports car. Didn't it come with a brushed finish from the factory?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Personally, I am leaning towards the Reflective Tape genre. Accentuate all the hard lines and go totally wide panel White Reflective on the tailgate for "hemorrhoids" following too close at night, a myriad of possibilities await on the bed cover, or might stick to the simple chevron on the tailgate.

And besides, it will be easy to differentiate in the Lowe's parking lot on Saturday mornings from all the other CT's.

https://www.shop.reflectivestore.com/main.sc

or
http://www.colebrothers.com/

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone polishing their Stainless Steel Cybertruck to a mirror like finish? 1596315424752

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone polishing their Stainless Steel Cybertruck to a mirror like finish? 1596315666400

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone polishing their Stainless Steel Cybertruck to a mirror like finish? 1596315778754

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Personally, I am leaning towards the Reflective Tape genre. Accentuate all the hard lines and go totally wide panel White Reflective on the tailgate for "hemorrhoids" following too close at night, a myriad of possibilities await on the bed cover, or might stick to the simple chevron on the tailgate.

And besides, it will be easy to differentiate in the Lowe's parking lot on Saturday mornings from all the other CT's.

https://www.shop.reflectivestore.com/main.sc

or
http://www.colebrothers.com/

1596315424752.png

1596315666400.png

1596315778754.png
And you can change it when you want to spice things up.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
I’m thinking/ wondering, since this is legal, it may not be a problem.....
1595996640675.jpeg
My guess is that as it is a curved surface the reflective glare would be far less.
I have driven behind vehicles with flat glass rear doors that catch the sun and it is quite unbearable driving behind them.
Sponsored