Are Tesla orders shipped in the order in which you ordered?

Andres.FS7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Were model Y and model 3 orders fulfilled in the order in which They were placed?
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No, they are still not producing the mid/low range version of the Y for example, but I know they have orders for it.

Just like the CT will have the 3 motor configurations, they wont all be made at the same time (Dual/tri first then single) so your reservation place holder is more for your version and when its manufactured.

For example, you may be 200,000 in line for a ct, but 70,000 in line for a tri motor.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Were model Y and model 3 orders fulfilled in the order in which They were placed?
Yeah. I can verify that. I just ordered my Model Y in late April and have a scheduled delivery date of the 27th of this month. There are many people who ordered LONG before me who are still waiting.

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It will also depend on which country you order and If you drive on the correct side of the road ;). I am around 150k in line which according to the current spreadsheet is about 12/13 months after production starts. Add the fact that the model 3 took 2 1/2 years to come to the UK, being realistic it could be 2025 before I ever see one shiny new CT. :cry::cry:
At least there’s a chance I could get an updated model!

The Model X is starting to look interesting in the mean time but fear it will just be disappointing whilst watching all you waxing lyrical about your CT’s.

Makes me think of that song ‘In the year 2525’

Last edited:

Ducaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Occupation
M & M’s alphabetizer
Country flag
A friend of mine who ordered her Mod X several years ago said if it’s anything like she experienced, it will go by whichever state has the most reservations. Then, after that state gets theirs, the next state with the most reservations gets theirs and so on.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
A friend of mine who ordered her Mod X several years ago said if it’s anything like she experienced, it will go by whichever state has the most reservations. Then, after that state gets theirs, the next state with the most reservations gets theirs and so on.
That's not quite how the Model Y has gone... I'm in Nebraska and in front of people who ordered in California, for instance. Tesla doesn't advertise so it behooves them to spread out the deliveries when economical so that more people see them on the road and thus put in orders. I'll bet they'll spread the CT out far and wide so that everyone is saying "I just saw one on the road. That thing is awesome in person!"

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Building Inspector
Country flag
I am down for the tri
Tesla Cybertruck Are Tesla orders shipped in the order in which you ordered? Screenshot_20200526-204438
motor within the first hour of the unveiling. Based of info so far it looks like I'm about 50k in line.
I am going to ask if I can pick it up at the factory because I live in Canada. That would hopefully prevent being bumped down the line due to my location.:cool:
See how the cookie crumbles.
Never get tired of looking at CT pictures!

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am down for the tri
Screenshot_20200526-204438.png
motor within the first hour of the unveiling. Based of info so far it looks like I'm about 50k in line.
I am going to ask if I can pick it up at the factory because I live in Canada. That would hopefully prevent being bumped down the line due to my location.:cool:
May not be able to. There may be regulatory issues that may or may not be hammed out before the CT can be exported.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Cybertruck, 2013 P85 S
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I am down for the tri
Screenshot_20200526-204438.png
A good thought but not sure how a person would even ask. Probably won't want to talk to us until our spot comes up.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Based on the Model 3 roll-out, a lot of things seemed to factor into when you got your Model 3. We don't know if the same things will matter for the Cybertruck. Here are the main variables that seemed to impact when you got your model 3, in order of importance:

• What version/trim is currently being produced - They can only deliver trims that are being produced. We don't yet know for sure if Tesla will start shipping Dual or Tri motors first, which ever they start with will have a big impact probably. Its debated that Tri Motors will be first as it is the more profitable trim, but it is a newer drive train with additional motors and a much larger battery which requires more resources to produce, so who knows which they will start production with.
  • Geography - How close the factory is / what states did they have the logistics setup to start shipment and service for the new vehicles too. For the Model 3 they initially limited initial distribution to near CA before expanding it.
  • Your place in line - This does matter, if you are earlier in the queue you will likely get your car sooner within your geographical region, assuming your order matches up to a produced car.
  • Previous owner - Its debatable how much of an impact this will have moving forward, but at the beginning of the Model 3 roll-out it supposedly gave you priority. My guess is this doesn't matter any more.
  • Color / Wheel Choices - Once the Model 3 production started really progressing (about 6 months after the first cars went out) and they opened customers up to actually place orders, this had a big affect on when you got your order. Picking an available Paint Color and Wheel type could get you a car quickly vs waiting many weeks. With the CyberTruck we likely will not have color choices, and we haven't heard anything about wheel choices at this point. IF/When a solar tonneau cover becomes available that would likely impact when you get your vehicle. I expect this option to not be initially available and to be rolled out at a later time. At CyberTruck launch I would not expect accessories to be immediately available or pre-installed. It took the Model 3 forever to get things like a roof rack, and things like the spoiler on Performance Model 3s were not preinstalled.

ForwardTuner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forwardtuner.info
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Country flag
Okay tricky question(s) here: I ordered two Dual-motor Cybertrucks, one in November 2019 and one in June 2020. I live in Ithaca, New York, far away from the factories, and it's highly likely that very few people in my city ordered one. Do you think that when they contact me for delivery, it will be for both Cybertrucks, or since my second order was months later, the second Cybertruck will come WAY later? That's just the pre-question question. The real question is, if I order a third Cybertruck, this one Tri-motor, will that one be delivered to me WAY WAY later than the other two, or would they all three come at once, and either way could I ask for a DELAY in delivery if they have it ready sooner than I am ready to pay for it or start paying for it? I want to get a Tri-motor reservation in (because what if they stop making these beasts for some reason or the waiting line becomes decades long) and I plan to use it for business but I want it delivered in the month of February or March of whatever year so I can quickly write it off on taxes. Does it make sense that they can just surprise you with your reserved vehicle being ready and you have to take it when they deliver it, or do they allow you some leeway with the delivery day and time if you want to postpone it a little bit? FOLLOW-UP question do you think there will be loan payment options for Cybertruck like there are for their other vehicles?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Okay tricky question(s) here: I ordered two Dual-motor Cybertrucks, one in November 2019 and one in June 2020. I live in Ithaca, New York, far away from the factories, and it's highly likely that very few people in my city ordered one. Do you think that when they contact me for delivery, it will be for both Cybertrucks, or since my second order was months later, the second Cybertruck will come WAY later? That's just the pre-question question. The real question is, if I order a third Cybertruck, this one Tri-motor, will that one be delivered to me WAY WAY later than the other two, or would they all three come at once, and either way could I ask for a DELAY in delivery if they have it ready sooner than I am ready to pay for it or start paying for it? I want to get a Tri-motor reservation in (because what if they stop making these beasts for some reason or the waiting line becomes decades long) and I plan to use it for business but I want it delivered in the month of February or March of whatever year so I can quickly write it off on taxes. Does it make sense that they can just surprise you with your reserved vehicle being ready and you have to take it when they deliver it, or do they allow you some leeway with the delivery day and time if you want to postpone it a little bit? FOLLOW-UP question do you think there will be loan payment options for Cybertruck like there are for their other vehicles?
When they contact you the first time, just say "I'd like to upgrade to the tri-motor version." You can apparently change your vehicle right up to the point they start assembly.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Okay tricky question(s) here: I ordered two Dual-motor Cybertrucks, one in November 2019 and one in June 2020. I live in Ithaca, New York, ...
Hey hey! Our trucks will likely pass by each other someday. I’m in Dryden. Also have two pre-ordered, one dual and one tri.

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I also hear that location of delivery plays a role. If picking up in Texas (or CA) as an example would mean getting my truck quicker, then I would do so and then drive that beast all the way back to the east coast. I'm hoping (but not at all confident) to have the truck before I PCS back to Hawaii in mid-2022.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I'm not sure, but I sure would like to know for sure. ?

(see what I did there? sorry OP, I couldn't resist!) ?
Sponsored