Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mate, with some luck, there's a possibility of AU deliveries in say 2026 (fingers crossed) - that's approximately seven years after its initial release.

By then, the only way under $79,999 is by advanced miracle of manufacturing.

Just to make our day brighter, $79,999 plus taxes would ONLY be about AU $150,000 lol
Start looking into another brand for practical purposes. 😆 🤣 😂 😹
Sponsored

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Excellent.

I reckon there is a general train of thought which says 250,000 to 500,000 at a stretch per year.

imo they have plans to expand quickly well beyond that.
That's my thought also and hope I'm right because I'm way down on the list. They need more IDRA machines.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
My personal budget is $80K or less. It will depend on the news at the time if I'll adjust my budget. I'm not first in line to receive the order anyway.
$80,000 is plenty to spend on an EV.

IMO, just my opinion, long term there are not that many people that will spend $80,000 for a pickup. Sure, there are plenty that have, but once Ford, Cybertruck, GM and Ram have pickups available, how many $80,000 (and above) buyers are there? I can guarantee it is less than 250,000 TOTAL - across all the brands. You can still get a ICE Dodge Ram 1500 in the $50s. Which is a lot less than $80,000. We will know in 2025 as sales figures come in on the various brands.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
$80,000 is plenty to spend on an EV.

IMO, just my opinion, long term there are not that many people that will spend $80,000 for a pickup. Sure, there are plenty that have, but once Ford, Cybertruck, GM and Ram have pickups available, how many $80,000 (and above) buyers are there? I can guarantee it is less than 250,000 TOTAL - across all the brands. You can still get a ICE Dodge Ram 1500 in the $50s. Which is a lot less than $80,000. We will know in 2025 as sales figures come in on the various brands.
Your info is encouraging to me.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Uh, well: This is not much different than Tesla
Cybertruck was announced in 2019
Other products, including the roadster, similar arguments, could be made

I mean specific to launching or stating a product before it will be available for some time, noted that the approach on marketing is different, where traditional auto manufactures have advertising versus Teslas approach
Well, it worked. Because of the Cybertruck, I did not buy a Model X. I'd rather wait and see what the prices will be before deciding.
Sponsored