What will the premium be for selling a Cybertruck in the private market during 1st year of production?

Koalaintree

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Van
Occupation
Senior Relationship Builder
Country flag
Anyone want to guess what you could sell a Cybertruck for "over invoice" in the first year of it's production? I think the series 8 corvetts had a premium of $30K-$50K. Not apples to apples but at least a starting point. Thank you, David
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Rivian R1T's were flipping for $100k during the first few months of limited production.

My guess is early CT flippers can profit $20k - $$50k on Cybertrucks sold to the "must have it now" crowd.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
The first ones are going to be worth hundreds of thousands. Perhaps sold on auctions for millions, But I doubt the first deliveries of cars are allowed to be resold. Those are most likely going to board members and executives, the first 6 months of production of customers' cars, I can see at least a 20-30k markup until supply stabilizes.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag

LKP

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid
Occupation
Retired manager
Country flag
Anyone want to guess what you could sell a Cybertruck for "over invoice" in the first year of it's production? I think the series 8 corvetts had a premium of $30K-$50K. Not apples to apples but at least a starting point. Thank you, David
I’m not sure what the premium might be, but consider this. To breakeven, you would have to sell the truck for the full price that you paid for it. Whoever purchase of the trucks from you, has to pay that price, and perhaps about another 8 to 10% on top of that to satisfy just the tax requirements since it’s a sale at least in California. Now at the price you might expect to get, someone has to have a lot of money to be willing to get the vehicle from any early buyer.