Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Twitters SEC filings dictate the health of the company, it is a major component of the decision process to buy. If the filing was misleading it was therefore illegal, the buck stops there. This fundamental fact has to be included in any waiving of due diligence debate.

Tinker, you started your possible scenarios with 'Musk has to'.
Musk 'has to' do nothing he doesn't want to. So we can exclude that scenario.

He is in total control of this situation. We have seen the propaganda attacks, and we see Twitters filing to fast track the case in court. This speed is to suffocate the time needed to obtain and analyze the data. Twitters stance is 'let's bypass the need to provide data, it's irrelevant, let's bypass the illegal SEC filings, let's take this case of face value as propagated by our propaganda machine'.

Maybe hiccups along the way. But they are last gasp corrupted trickery.

Will a political settlement take place?, will the board agree on a lower price without the need to provide any date to the courts. And end it there?.

NO, forget that scenario. — This is what will happen:

SEC fined Musk, removed him from the board. He hates the SEC, he knows it is corrupt. Twitter is a propaganda machine, a disruptor of civility( the tip of a far broader attack on the west).

Musk will take Twitter to the cleaners, and will identify all potential criminal charges against as many wrong doers as he can.

Next he will go for the SEC's throat, and weed out the corrupt elements who have been sitting on their hands and sweeping Twitters failings under the carpet.

Blood Will flow !

Whether he buys Twitter or not is moot.
The SEC is the only thing that gives that common person access to the markets. Without the SEC insiders and the people that can afford them would make all the money at the expense of the common person. Corruption would be worse. Are they perfect. No. EM has and always will push the envelope for market manipulation. They need to let him know occasionally that there are limits.

1.) EM has millions of followers.
2.) He stated that he could take Tesla private and he had financing to do it.

While he may have had a line on middle east financing it was far from done. There would have been months of negotiation and contracts to actually pull that off. Was he lying, maybe not. but in Twitter headline speak all that work was done. It was not.

Elon was manipulating the Market with headlines. The SEC got it right. Elon is like a spoiled kid he will continue to push it and get away with it most of the time. He has the resources.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The SEC is the only thing that gives that common person access to the markets. Without the SEC insiders and the people that can afford them would make all the money at the expense of the common person. Corruption would be worse. Are they perfect. No. EM has and always will push the envelope for market manipulation. They need to let him know occasionally that there are limits.

1.) EM has millions of followers.
2.) He stated that he could take Tesla private and he had financing to do it.

While he may have had a line on middle east financing it was far from done. There would have been months of negotiation and contracts to actually pull that off. Was he lying, maybe not. but in Twitter headline speak all that work was done. It was not.

Elon was manipulating the Market with headlines. The SEC got it right. Elon is like a spoiled kid he will continue to push it and get away with it most of the time. He has the resources.
I don't feel they proved any damages, honestly.

I think the SEC provides an important role. But it needs to show actual damage, not just threaten people to protect insiders, which it did in this case. The fact they delayed for years - not just pandemic years - was egregious.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I don't feel they proved any damages, honestly.

I think the SEC provides an important role. But it needs to show actual damage, not just threaten people to protect insiders, which it did in this case. The fact they delayed for years - not just pandemic years - was egregious.

-Crissa
I don't think they needed to prove damages. They just needed to send a cautionary message about market manipulation.

Sorbanes Oxley or Dodd Frank where both pre twitter. Twitter and alternate truths are a weird deal and nothing has been updated to regulate this informal yet public conversation relating to stock prices; however the general mandate of the SEC is to make the markets fair.

I think they did what they could. Everyone here is pretty smart and they thought about their actions before they set the penalties.

Elon will think twice. It may not change his tweets, but he will be careful and avoid something really stupid or blatant.

OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<SNIP>.

Love me some Ivory Tower analytics that cleanly separates the two specie in time. Whether Markets lockstep to @ElonMusk tweets defines fascism. No?

That appears to be the distillation of the argument as presented.

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
Hmmm.... This has been a sad departure from the thread topic.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol twitter is going down. EM either gets rid of it completely as competition for his own social media platform or he buys it at rock bottom price as a shell to start a new one.

Either way I can't see the bot problem not devaluing twitters advertising base, and with it its demise in its current form.

I wonder how bots are going in FB land.

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
It was a slow day. Had to stir some shit up. The topic was weird anyway.
Well... as long as you weren't being judgmental about it.

However, I'd bet you'd get more traction for discussion under a properly themed thread.
Sponsored