At what point does FSD start assisting?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Not sure this is the proper place to talk about mushrooms and Methlabs.........although..........maybe the Cybertruck vault will be more versatile than initially thought...........
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
We didn't have handheld calculators when I started university, we had heads, paper, slide rules and such. There was the argument that the calculator would make folks not bother to learn the head stuff. Our experience was that the calculator accelerated that learning and added new dimensions.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Certainly the proficiency I developed in Reverse Polish Notation has benefited me to this day (I still use an HP-41C in the form of a simulation on my iPhone but that's not primarily where I get the benefit).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Not sure this is the proper place to talk about mushrooms and Methlabs.........although..........maybe the Cybertruck vault will be more versatile than initially thought...........
The kitchen counter in the front is for the chemistry set.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Somebody made this chart a year ago. I wonder how it would be revised based on today's features. I need to learn more about Tesla. And I wonder how it would be revised based on what is two years out (i.e., what would be "to be released."

[Insert Here: Meth lab comment. RPN calculator comment. Troll comment.]
Tesla Cybertruck At what point does FSD start assisting? screenshot_727

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Somebody made this chart a year ago. I wonder how it would be revised based on today's features. I need to learn more about Tesla. And I wonder how it would be revised based on what is two years out (i.e., what would be "to be released."

[Insert Here: Meth lab comment. RPN calculator comment. Troll comment.]
screenshot_727.png
Charts. Yech! Thank god I have meth and they taught me how to do calculus.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Charts. Yech! Thank god I have meth and they taught me how to do calculus.
My office mate (Bill) at one company had this over his desk
Tesla Cybertruck At what point does FSD start assisting? Untitled 2

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
FSD is going to assist with crash avoidance for pedestrians, cyclists, trashcans and such. Does anyone know what size an object has to be for a Tesla to react and brake/avoid? Will it aggressively stop for a squirrel, bouncing ball, or small dog? What if a bird flies in front of the vehicle? I have only test driven a Model X and have a CT on order so I am pretty curious.

Hawk flew in front of me and it didn't see it.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Hawk flew in front of me and it didn't see it.
View attachment 1064
How do we know FSD doesnt see small objects vs. Ignore.... they say it isnt safe to brake for squirrels that it's better to just hit them. Perhaps it sees but choosing to hit.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
There are two parts to the problem. The first is determining what's out there. The second is determining what to do about it. One of the reasons we will never have completely autonomous driving is because the vehicle will eventually get into the situation where it must decide whether to wipe out its passengers (three cardiac surgeons on their way to save a little girl) or three vagrants on the street. People will never agree on what the "right" answer is.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about three passenger vagrants who just saved a little girl versus three drunk pedestrial cardiac surgeons, on their way home from a meth lab............looking for mushrooms..............

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
There are two parts to the problem. The first is determining what's out there. The second is determining what to do about it. One of the reasons we will never have completely autonomous driving is because the vehicle will eventually get into the situation where it must decide whether to wipe out its passengers (three cardiac surgeons on their way to save a little girl) or three vagrants on the street. People will never agree on what the "right" answer is.
The right answer is kill em all and let god sort it out.
Sponsored