cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm assuming you don't have a dirt bike or other off-road variant that will fit in the bed.
For many this is at least 1x per week.
Many?

Thatā€™s the disconnect.

weā€™re not talking about an option for people who want it, weā€™re taking about Tesla putting one in every single production CT

Otherwise, Iā€™m assuming you didnā€™t see my other post:

But Iā€™m personally satisfied the production CTā€™s bed, where motorcycles and ATVs are concerned, will function as a 5.5ā€™ bed. (E.g., the rearward slant of the bedā€™s bulkhead will meet the front tires/fenders at around 5.5ā€™ in bed length.) Not everyone shares this view, of course. But Iā€™m personally certain enough to at least say Iā€™d be waiting on hands-on reviews before banking on the useable length of the bed for a given bit of cargo that depends on functional bed length.

But if Iā€™m right, it would mean that - like with an F150 SCREW - some smaller motorcycles will fit diagonally with the tailgate up (or other Jinga configurations?, but many would require resting the rear wheel on the open tailgate, and any ATV would require tailgate open (and likely the usual tailgate-supporting hardware installed to pull it off safely).
PS: youā€™re PFP has you on a trial bike - youā€™re the last guy who needs a ramp šŸ¤£

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
- no door handles... we were promised door handles!
- price is not gonna be $50k (Elon's tweet) #true
- now 5 seater instead of 6
- proportions (looks a bit more shoebox now) šŸ”„
- haven't seen hide nor hair of
... front light bar,
... any sail pillar storage, or
... <edit> the Ramp
- the frunk is junk
- side mirrors instead of cameras... yuck!
- cheap plastic bed liner instead of that sweet sweet stainless bed
- it's probably not even going to FLOAT!
šŸ˜‚
And that will do what for you?

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dog is too old to jump. So ramp would be dope for him lol
I was hoping my GSD "Santino" would get to enjoy riding in my CT and make use of the ramp.
Unfortunately the old guy passed recently at age 13. He got his daily ride in my Tacoma truck day in and day out no matter the weather. He would have looked pretty cool riding in the Cybertruck.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I was hoping my GSD "Santino" would get to enjoy riding in my CT and make use of the ramp.
Unfortunately the old guy passed recently at age 13. He got his daily ride in my Tacoma truck day in and day out no matter the weather. He would have looked pretty cool riding in the Cybertruck.
RIP.

My Husky Raiden passed since ordering my CT.

Jax is a chocolate lab. He turned 13 this year. So Elon better hurry up

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Iā€™m curious: whatā€™s your use case?

I just donā€™t see a lot of utility in the ramp.

Seems like one of those things that *sounds* useful on first impression, but soon enough is ignored.
I
thanks

question for you

on one view, the ramp only ā€˜worksā€™ if the CT is in rearward kneeling mode**, so the bed is slanted. I suppose a rubberized matt would be enough to make certain your gear storage cases donā€™t slide backwards? (Unclear if the slant is material enough for things like heavy boxes to slide.)

I do think your use case, of things that wonā€™t slide/roll down the bed, and *need* to be handtrucked up, is a good one

**never clear if the ramp articulation and length of ramp would require kneeling/slant to reach the ground - if only for achieving a useable break-over angle of the bed-to-tailgate joint
I was going to add moving furniture. I backed up the tailgate step on my F350 with a couch before because it was easier than setting it on the tailgate while someone held the other side and then getting in, bending back over to grab the couch and then crouch-walking backwards so I don't lift higher than the person on the ground. Man, with 3 daughters living nearby, I was looking forward to having that ramp for all those "Dad, can you..." moments.

NOTE: Not having a truck at all would probably stop about half the requests...

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
And you've seen confirmation that it's gone?
We havenā€™t ā€œseenā€ confirmation for a lot of the things that were showcased during the reveal which we havenā€™t seen in action recently. Weā€™re all deducing based on observations of the prototypes. There hasnā€™t been an official statement saying the mid-front seat or sail storage are gone, etc. Given that we havenā€™t seen, in photos and video since the reveal, the tailgate ramp being used, itā€™s safe to assume itā€™s a goner.

OP
OP
Revoltlution

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Given that we havenā€™t seen, in photos and video since the reveal, the tailgate ramp being used, itā€™s safe to assume itā€™s a goner.
I agree with you. Amazing how overtly they showcased the ramp at reveal.
I'm (still) hopeful the ramp is in there. Maybe they just never needed to use it in all this caught-testing-footage.
#fingersCrossed

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
We havenā€™t ā€œseenā€ confirmation for a lot of the things that were showcased during the reveal which we havenā€™t seen in action recently. Weā€™re all deducing based on observations of the prototypes. There hasnā€™t been an official statement saying the mid-front seat or sail storage are gone, etc. Given that we havenā€™t seen, in photos and video since the reveal, the tailgate ramp being used, itā€™s safe to assume itā€™s a goner.
We've seen confirmation of 5 seat cybertrucks though. And cybertrucks without sail storage.

We haven't seen inside any tailgates. We haven't seen autopilot being used either but it's safe to assume it's still there.

I'm just saying it ain't over till it's over

OP
OP
Revoltlution

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
*kidding (not kidding)
Just had an idea... maybe Elon's gonna make a ramp "accessory" that fits in the tail gate... that way they don't need to add the cost of one in every CT, but hooks are there for those that "need it!"

Or, God forbid, it fits in that hideous ditch diaper :sick:

Tesla Cybertruck At this point, we need a list of all the broken promises! šŸ˜‰ 1700158699469

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Then you have to remove the tailgate. This will shorten the usable space for a bike
Sponsored