Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You know, it seems to me that not all insurance companies will go to satisfy this order. After all, surely some of them will not want to insure such a vehicle. During the presentation, the Cybertrack body withstood a sledgehammer blow, and, according to Elon Musk, is able to withstand a 9 mm bullet shot from a pistol. But the side armored windows of the electric pickup cracked when the leading designer of Tesla (Franz von Holzhausen) threw a metal ball at them to demonstrate strength. So I don't know which of the companies will insure it. Try contacting https://www.truckinginsurance.org/commercial-truck-insurance-companies/.
Tesla insurance is available in ~10 states now including mine. By the time the Cybertruck deliveries start, it’ll be likely be available in the 15-20 most populated states. By the time most people actually get their Cybertrucks there will be one insurance company guaranteed to insure it.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I'm not sure how cheap insurance is on the current Tesla vehicles, but I'm thinking the CT will be pretty cheap insurance. The body won't dent, the glass is bullet proof, tons of safety features, the vault will provide security as it will be tough to break into, and the current Tesla vehicles have some of the highest safety ratings of any vehicle and I assume the CT will be the same.
Plus, you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb in a stolen CT. There's going to be no discreet slinking around in Cybertruck.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Plus, you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb in a stolen CT. There's going to be no discreet slinking around in Cybertruck.
If you can steal a Tesla, you're in a different league of auto theft man. Companies like Apple and Tesla pay HUGE bounties if you find holes in their software.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
If you can steal a Tesla, you're in a different league of auto theft man. Companies like Apple and Tesla pay HUGE bounties if you find holes in their software.
Also, a Tesla with Pin to Drive activated, I believe, has never been stolen.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The Tesla Cybertruck still has crumple zones, like most modern vehicles, so not like hitting something with the Cybertruck will be different than any other vehicle in the same weight and size category.

As for insurance... I have paid more than the vehicle for insurance (20 years ago) and now I pay very little, but I tick a lot of the boxes: Age, married, full time employment, income, and time since last accident/ticket.
Sponsored