John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I just perused Tesla’s ordering page and autopilot is shown as a 6k upgrade. Still 12k for full.

Maybe already known but, I just crawled out from under my rock.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I hadn't noticed that until you just pointed it out. I had a few minutes of free time and decided to visit the wayback machine. Looks like sometime between 23JUN2022 and 27JUN2022 they added the $6k Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP) option. Before they added it, the EAP options appear to be only available with the the $12k FSD option.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I hadn't noticed that until you just pointed it out. I had a few minutes of free time and decided to visit the wayback machine. Looks like sometime between 23JUN2022 and 27JUN2022 they added the $6k Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP) option. Before they added it, the EAP options appear to be only available with the the $12k FSD option.
Yes, Enhanced Autopilot hasn't been available in the US for quite some time (around the Model 3 launch).

They did fix it so the purchase of Enhanced Autopilot does credit against the purchase or subscription of FSD, though.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Is there a thing as standard autopilot? What do you get for nothing? Adaptive cruise control? Stay in your lane assist?

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Is there a thing as standard autopilot? What do you get for nothing? Adaptive cruise control? Stay in your lane assist?
Yes that is standard equipment (free) on all current Tesla's as I understand it.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The difference between 7,000 and 10,000 may one day seem inconsequential compared to the final release price.

Yup

On today's Tesla earning call Elon said people still do not appreciate the value that FSD will be.

Oh, and Elon predicted the price for FSD will go up near end of this year before FSD Beta wide release near end of this year.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Didn't I read somewhere that FSD could become a monthly subscription?
I do very little big city driving or long distance driving.
It would be nice if I could just order it for whatever time I need it and have it show up on my CC statement at the end of the month.
Since there is prob going to be sticker shock when it comes time to do my final order adding a big ticket item will not be an option for me.
It will also be interesting to see if Tesla gets into the financing business to further increase their revenue stream along with insurance.
If I could buy from, finance and insure with Tesla for comparable or cheaper rates I'd jump on it.
Sponsored