Autopilot is a 6k upgrade

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Is there a thing as standard autopilot? What do you get for nothing? Adaptive cruise control? Stay in your lane assist?
In regards to Model 3, they have all come with just Autopilot included since sometime in 2019, with the option to pay more to add EAP or FSD. Before then they came with just basic cruise control and Autopilot was something you paid extra for. I didn't pay for any driver assistance features when I bought my early 2018 Model 3, so I just had basic cruise control on it with the option to pay for Autopilot (AP), Enhanced Autopilot (EAP), or Full Self Driving (FSD). In early 2019 Tesla was having a fire sale on EAP and FSD and I got FSD for $5000.

Tesla discontinued FSD for a few years, and just brought it back as an option. And prices have changed up and down over the years (mostly up). So there are cars out there with basic cruise control, AP, EAP, and FSD.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
In regards to Model 3, they have all come with just Autopilot included since sometime in 2019, with the option to pay more to add EAP or FSD. Before then they came with just basic cruise control and Autopilot was something you paid extra for. I didn't pay for any driver assistance features when I bought my early 2018 Model 3, so I just had basic cruise control on it with the option to pay for Autopilot (AP), Enhanced Autopilot (EAP), or Full Self Driving (FSD). In early 2019 Tesla was having a fire sale on EAP and FSD and I got FSD for $5000.

Tesla discontinued FSD for a few years, and just brought it back as an option. And prices have changed up and down over the years (mostly up). So there are cars out there with basic cruise control, AP, EAP, and FSD.
Since we are a long way from actually being able to go to sleep or work on the computer while driving the only thing I want is the auto park. Not even auto summon particularly. I just want to align myself with a tight parking spot, get out and have the CT park. I guess the people on the right or left might be screwed but at least I will be able to get out easily.

Kia has that feature stand alone.

Again Auto lane change isn't worth anything unless you can actually disengage your mind from driving and do other things. Currently you can't. If not mistaken the car will beep at you and or pull over if you don't interact.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Just because I thought this is cool.

44EE7047-6214-49C6-9379-C833D5D4B12F.jpeg
Are you watching All Man Kind on Apple +?

I recently read that some of these collapsed lava tubes have pretty constant 60F. and may extend way back. Perfect start for a moon colony. Mining H3 could provide the economic incentive for such a venture.

I like Elon's theory that our political climate needs a distraction. Mining/Exploring the solar system seams like as good as distraction as anything. I wanted to make up an Alien threat 20 light years out that we need to prepare for.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

I recently read that some of these collapsed lava tubes have pretty constant 60F. and may extend way back. Perfect start for a moon colony. Mining H3 could provide the economic incentive for such a venture.

I like Elon's theory that our political climate needs a distraction. Mining/Exploring the solar system seams like as good as distraction as anything. I wanted to make up an Alien threat 20 light years out that we need to prepare for.
Mining H3 will require massive machines. We won't be able to transport them to the moon, so they will need to be built there. This is where the Tesla Bots really come in handy. Real science fiction stuff.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
And that some are so toxic their mere footprints on your skin leaves burning marks?

-Crissa
If they are close enough to leave burn marks on my skin, they are already too close. @CyberGus reacted to just a video of an octoped so I'm not sure that having something crawling on his skin will be of any consolation.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Did Season 3 start yet? I LOVED Season 1 and 2. If Season 3 dropped, it’s time for me to get AppleTV+ again.

Edit: Just looked it up on IMDB. Looks like all but two episodes of season 3 have dropped. And looks like it was renewed for season 4. AWESOME. Highly recommend checking it out for those who haven’t heard of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I dislike adding another subscription and am adverse to giving more money to apple than I already do. Since there are a few exclusive shows, I will start, binge and cancel.

It is not due to being cheap, I am just REALLY cheap.

Edit
Example, I laid down the law in my household. Only Hulu or Netflix. not both. Son and wife were in disagreement. Guess who has Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Disney.

I am also a pushover for their happiness.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I dislike adding another subscription and am adverse to giving more money to apple than I already do. Since there are a few exclusive shows, I will start, binge and cancel.

It is not due to being cheap, I am just REALLY cheap.
That's perfectly reasonable.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Example, I laid down the law in my household. Only Hulu or Netflix. not both. Son and wife were in disagreement. Guess who has Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Disney.
Um sounds like your son and wife have the 4 accounts, you pay for them, and they make you choose which single account to watch if you are allowed to watch at all.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
In our family, each person chooses what they want to rent and we share. My sister gets Hulu, Disney; my mom gets AppleTV, HBO. And we get Netflix and Crunchyroll. ^-^

My Aunt had sooo many x-x I just canceled them since she died.

-Crissa

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I have cable plus all the streamers, so why do I still Bittorrent
Everyone knows why you still torrent. ( a joke is funnier when left to the imagination but explaining lessons the effect )

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Since we are a long way from actually being able to go to sleep or work on the computer while driving the only thing I want is the auto park. Not even auto summon particularly. I just want to align myself with a tight parking spot, get out and have the CT park. I guess the people on the right or left might be screwed but at least I will be able to get out easily.

Kia has that feature stand alone.

Again Auto lane change isn't worth anything unless you can actually disengage your mind from driving and do other things. Currently you can't. If not mistaken the car will beep at you and or pull over if you don't interact.
If you hang your hand off the steering wheel, that gives the car constant assurance that you are ready to take over and it will never beep or flash at you for feedback. So it can do automatic lane changes with no additional input whatsoever. The bigger problem is that it isn't perfect, and sometimes it makes nonsensical decisions like change to the fast lane for no good reason when you have an exit to take from the slow lane in half a mile.
Sponsored