ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
OK, I like the fact that Cybertruck is tough and can withstand bullets and all kinds of abuse, but this scenario makes me a little nervous: Imagine sleeping in the Cybertruck tent and being attacked by a bear. Do you guys think it is possible to close the vault (panic-mode!) while the tent is setup? I would like to be able to close the vault and then maybe 'escape' into the main cabin and drive away, etc. If this is not possible, then camping more is not Cybertruck-safe and I would hate using pepper spray, horns or guns (don't own one) on a bear. Thanks.
Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I don’t know if bears would try to tear through a tent on top of a huge stainless steel structure, but yes, Sentry Mode flashes lights and what not.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I don’t know if bears would try to tear through a tent on top of a huge stainless steel structure, but yes, Sentry Mode flashes lights and what not.
I’ve tent camped Yosemite, listened to bears pass thru during the night and no problems. Food is what they are after. Keep it separated, tree store away from camp. Basic bear practice works.

Tonneau cover won’t save your ass if you have a stash in the back. I’ve seen 70’s era cars leave the park with their door window frames pulled down.

OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve tent camped Yosemite, listened to bears pass thru during the night and no problems. Food is what they are after. Keep it separated, tree store away from camp. Basic bear practice works.

Tonneau cover won’t save your ass if you have a stash in the back. I’ve seen 70’s era cars leave the park with their door window frames pulled down.
Yeah. I am from CA and I plan to travel the world (Sirberia for example). Even bigger bears. That is why Cybertruck was the perfect vehicle, yet that camping platform is not 100% secured.

Yeah, looking at this picture (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...1-tesla-cybertruck-cargo-vault-above-open.jpg) the only logical way to anchor a tent is using those black slider grooves, which are below the sliding vault, so I don't think it will be possible to 'panic close' the vault due to mechanical interference issues.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well I don't know if the CT is going to be bear-proof, but bears aren't gun proof, either. If I'm out in the sticks, rest assured I'm going to bring a 454 Casull strapped to my side. I bring motion sensors, bear spray, and keep all food locked far away. But worst case scenario, do I want an unfair advantage? Damn straight.

OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I don't know if the CT is going to be bear-proof, but bears aren't gun proof, either. If I'm out in the sticks, rest assured I'm going to bring a 454 Casull strapped to my side. I bring motion sensors, bear spray, and keep all food locked far away. But worst case scenario, do I want an unfair advantage? Damn straight.
Thanks. I know bears are not dangerous in the way many people think, (I repealed bears from my porch using loud voice), but 'when in the wilderness' + Cybertruck stuffed with food while protected only by a flimsy tent, pepper spray in his eyes (or mine) might not be an optimal method.. I cannot even escape to the main cabin (with current Cybertruck design). Wish I had a super-safe sleeping vault option for those rare but dangerous nature encounters. I am planning to travel Intl, firearms are not an easy option. Cybertruck horn might not be easily accesiible while camping. (imagine trying to honk via Iphone app, please wait -- connection not available, or even worse -- you have a software upgrade! Schedule for later or now?. LOL)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Just plug in an electric fence. Sleep tight.
Interesting idea.... How much juice does an electric fence take? Potentially hook it up to the CT to run at night.

Here in Washington there is the Olympic Game Farm where they keep some grizzlies behind electric fence. To be fair, these grizzlies are trained and retired from the film industry. Plus as you drive around the park, they allow you to throw slices of bread to the animals including the bears. So I'm not sure how motivated the bears would be to get across that electric fence. But even then, they use 3 lines of charged wires.

So it seems like an electric fence might be a bit much to haul around and set up at each campsite. Plus, the danger of someone trying to take a leak in the night and hitting the wire themselves. I'd probably opt for bear spray and keeping all food items far away.

Tesla Cybertruck Bear proof camping vault? Bear2

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag