Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It seems like the majority of Caltrans trucks are fitted for plows, even here in Santa Cruz.

They also use them in the rainy season to push light rocks and debris off the road, like giant brooms but you know, metal. A little slide can spread itself into a tumble of loose, scattered debris, and a blade can make light work of it.

But I doubt most trucks ever even see snow, let alone a plow.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
got it! sorry about my defensive reaction, I was indeed thinking "here on this forum."
Good question- what percent of the population lives in significantly snowy states? icE pickup trucks do not have specialized plow mounts, but their underbody frames easily accept kinda universal bracket systems sold by the plow makers to mount their plows.
The CT is different, with it's strength in its shell.
Does anyone know what its nose underbody looks like? Maybe there are structural gigacastings with potential attachment points for plow adapters? or is it mostly smooth under the front? \
A snow plow frame yoke could reach fairly far back under.
Most of the underbody shots show a featureless plane.

There are some big plastic panels which I suspect are mostly for aerodynamics and protecting the underbody. I suspect you can remove these and there will be something you can mount to.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It seems like the majority of Caltrans trucks are fitted for plows, even here in Santa Cruz.
SideBar:

Santa Cruz!?

The Hells Angel I mentioned working with before: that was at (the now defunct) Santa Cruz Harley Davidson, back around ‘98-‘99.

Lived there 97-01

That city has a way of following me around, just like this.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
SideBar:

Santa Cruz!?

The Hells Angel I mentioned working with before: that was at (the now defunct) Santa Cruz Harley Davidson, back around ‘98-‘99.

Lived there 97-01

That city has a way of following me around, just like this.
Haha. I remember! I moved into town before they did. Their remodeling of the old grocery building led it to being one of the fanciest restaurants in town. Lillian's. It's very good if you pick what they're good at. Best lasagna in town.

We've since lost pretty much all the motorcycle shops on this side of the hill.

-Crissa
Sponsored