Buyer's Remorse?

fast-buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Hi there,

Have your circumstances in life or priorities changed? Were you let down by the value garnered from your transactions regarding pre-order? Did you feel a sinking feeling in your stomach after everything was paid for? I'm very interested in hearing from you... PM's welcome.
Sponsored

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
The only thing I am worried about is trying to leave a parking lot. Already making a list of excuses to get in my truck and go. " Sorry, I am running late and need to pick my kid up from practice." "My wife got a flat tire and I need to help her."

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Valid question, but going into CT FS you should know it's a terrible financial decision and you are getting it for the pure fun and joy of it. Otherwise don't do it! All the luxury cars lose 10-20% the moment you drive off the lot. This is not specific to Cybertruck.

MyKidCouldDrawThat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
I'm likely going a different direction as the cybertruck is more of a beta version luxury SUV than a work truck. Needs more refinement. I have high hopes for the Cybertruck 2.0 in 2045.

In the meantime I'm going to get a Diesel 3/4 ton, and look to replace my car with a Model 2 or a model Y Juniper when the prices are good.

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm likely going a different direction as the cybertruck is more of a beta version luxury SUV than a work truck. Needs more refinement. I have high hopes for the Cybertruck 2.0 in 2045.

In the meantime I'm going to get a Diesel 3/4 ton, and look to replace my car with a Model 2 or a model Y Juniper when the prices are good.
It is a truck for the majority of case uses. It lacks in two areas. It sucks at towing long distances like every EV. The bed is not ideal for people who need larger bed tool boxes. For the vast majority of local contractors, construction, and landscapers, this is a truck and SUV's wouldn't work for them. It may not meet your demands, but your needs are not the same as all truck drivers.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Hi there,

Have your circumstances in life or priorities changed? Were you let down by the value garnered from your transactions regarding pre-order? Did you feel a sinking feeling in your stomach after everything was paid for? I'm very interested in hearing from you... PM's welcome.
No but seriously… what car manufacturer/ media is footing your salary? Just be honest

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Valid question, but going into CT FS you should know it's a terrible financial decision and you are getting it for the pure fun and joy of it. Otherwise don't do it! All the luxury cars lose 10-20% the moment you drive off the lot. This is not specific to Cybertruck.
You could easily sell the Cybertruck to someone over MSRP right now if it wasn't for the Tesla clause. It is called supply and demand. The Cybertruck will maintain 100% and over its value until the demand is met for this truck. If 200,000 people are still waiting for the truck next year, you could easily get your money back and more for a used Cybertruck. Simple economics at play.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag

A lot of people say "work truck", and turns out their work is the occasional trip to home depot to get six 8ft 2x4s, four bags of mulch, two 12" pavers, and a carpenters pencil from the checkout line.

The CT was to be an f150 or f150 raptor competitor, and that is exactly what it is.

If anyone was expecting the CT to replace a 3500hd dually, they were delusional, as Tesla did not claim this.

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
You could easily sell the Cybertruck to someone over MSRP right now if it wasn't for the Tesla clause. It is called supply and demand. The Cybertruck will maintain 100% and over its value until the demand is met for this truck. If 200,000 people are still waiting for the truck next year, you could easily get your money back and more for a used Cybertruck. Simple economics at play.
Yup, this is the best possible scenario. What I mentioned earlier is the worse case scenario. The needle should swing somewhere in between - this was my reasoning to pull the trigger and I'm OK with the worse case.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi there,

Let's see, someone creates an account with the name of their question.
They list that they own every Tesla.
And they are from Michigan.
Sponsored