Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I always thought the Cybertruck looks most impressive and futuristic when you see it in regular traffic among other 'regular' cars -- like here.

The Oakland Bay Bridge backdrop is extra eye candy too. Video taken 8/25/23 by u/theecurtisplatt

Rivian R1S dimensions for comparison:
  • Wheelbase: 121.1 in
  • Length: 200.8 in
  • Width: 79.3 in
  • Height: 71.5–77.3 in (depending on air suspension setting)
  • Curb weight: 7,068 lb

In this crossing, the BAW needs it's own Postcode/Zip Code or at least a separate lane.......<^^>
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
I think it's a given that a stock Cybertruck will have better freeway efficiency vs. the Rivian R1T or R1S. Better city efficiency too.
Back in 2019, my rough modelling showed Cd 0.33 or a best case Cd 0.30.
Imagine if CT pulls 1 kWh to cover 3.1 miles avg. So up to 175 kWh pack could achieve the magic 500 mls allowing for ~163 kWh usable.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
Great music and video!

I can’t wait for the official specifications regarding width. When I viewed the concept truck in person I felt it was a tad too wide.

I still pinch myself that the Cybertruck will actually make it to production this year AND that it looks almost identical to the 2019 concept truck.

41B530AF-17F4-4C75-BB64-85A5E54480F2.jpeg
86940368-6D64-4CB7-80BF-78D8C29D759F.jpeg
Remind me again, how wide is a tadpole (?)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Living in Southern California I pretty much see at least one Rivian every day out on the roads. They aren't very rare anymore.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I live on the eastern side of Melbourne, Australia. There isn't a drive where I'm not in a vicinity of a Model Y. Or not stopped at the lights without a Tesla lurking around.

We love Tesla down here. They are everywhere.

StarmanM3

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always thought the Cybertruck looks most impressive and futuristic when you see it in regular traffic among other 'regular' cars -- like here.

The Oakland Bay Bridge backdrop is extra eye candy too. Video taken 8/25/23 by u/theecurtisplatt

Rivian R1S dimensions for comparison:
  • Wheelbase: 121.1 in
  • Length: 200.8 in
  • Width: 79.3 in
  • Height: 71.5–77.3 in (depending on air suspension setting)
  • Curb weight: 7,068 lb

Now I’m thinking the Rivian is looking pretty good.

StarmanM3

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Living in Southern California I pretty much see at least one Rivian every day out on the roads. They aren't very rare anymore.
It’s a good looking rig. Once all the Cyberpunk hype has passed and we get to really compare, I think the Rivian will stand up well

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Back in 2019, my rough modelling showed Cd 0.33 or a best case Cd 0.30.
Imagine if CT pulls 1 kWh to cover 3.1 miles avg. So up to 175 kWh pack could achieve the magic 500 mls allowing for ~163 kWh usable.
I think the tires might make it difficult to achieve that exactly, but maybe it will be close. It depends upon how well the tires roll on the highest efficiency version. I'm guessing they might need 175 kWh useable to reach 500 miles EPA combined and that version might not be available until later next year.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s a good looking rig. Once all the Cyberpunk hype has passed and we get to really compare, I think the Rivian will stand up well
Like or dislike is such a personal choice. But I dislike the R1T. I think those headlights are the main reason. Trying to come up with a unique design, can have very mixed results and reactions. Here's another example of that.

Tesla Cybertruck Camo Cybertruck looks awesome on bridge vs. regular cars + good Rivian size comparison! (8/25 video) 😍 cyclopscar

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Years ago, I was playing around with abetterrouteplanner and looking at potential trips with my Cybertruck. Boy was it disappointing to see areas with too much distance between Superchargers on the map, and red zones...
The zones keep getting smaller. And there are always chargers not on the map yet!

Almost every time I go out I see a Rivian anymore.

So many EVs in the Bay Area.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The zones keep getting smaller. And there are always chargers not on the map yet!

-Crissa
They really are, I hadn't looked at the latest supercharger map in a while. One of the few places I see a need, is in the back roads of Utah. Escalante we be a good spot for supercharger station.

Last edited:

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Almost every time I go out I see a Rivian anymore.

So many EVs in the Bay Area.

-Crissa
I just did a trip from Windsor Co to Taylor Park CO (middle of nowhere) towing my big toy hauler - 2500 diesel could do the 250 miles each way on one tank of diesel (barely and it's a 32 gallon tank) - lots of elevation gain with Eisenhower pass, etc. Simulating an EV it shows as doable with a few charges (all depends on parameters and I was being conservative)...biggest challenge is that even the gas stations up on the mountain weren't really setup for long rigs to fuel up, would imagine the EV Chargers will be the same for short term at least. Positive is I could charge at the camp site off the 50amp circuit if I was in an EV. So looks doable, looks to add an hour or two to each way, could be sporty for sure - but it'll only get better and dont get my CT tomorrow unfortunately. Guess I could always use the Trailer Generator to add a bit in a pinch, need to setup to export 220v vs. just 110v - it's a 5500kw. It'll be a new experience for sure but I'll find a way to make it work as long as my place in line has a CT with the previously stated 14k towing! (need 12k for trailer)! I do want all the range I can get, just makes it easier!
Sponsored

Last edited: