Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Updated with video of the Camp Mode's easter egg - a camping screensaver which comes on screen after 10 minutes in the mode:

Tesla has now begun pushing out its latest OTA software update (2019.40.50) and one of the new features is a "Camp Mode."

Here is a the release notes description of “Camp Mode”
Your car can now maintain airflow, temperature, interior lighting, as well as play music, and power devices when Camp Mode is enabled. To enable Camp Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen and set ‘Keep Climate On’ to ‘CAMP’ while your car is in ‘PARK.’
In effect, it's an enhanced version of the "Keep Climate On" feature, allowing you to maintain the vehicle's temperature and infotainment system while resting or sleeping.

Pair this new Camp Mode together with the Tesla Theater feature and your Cybertruck will be a terrific camping/overlanding machine from a comfort-entertainment perspective!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I can't wait to receive my Cyber Truck.
I ordered dual motor with full self driving option. I'll be using it to hot the ski slopes in Tahoe, camp and fish every where and as a daily driver.
I'm looking to hit Tahoe too, but this is my first Tesla and I'm a bit anxious about the range. Do you think the dual motor is enough for Tahoe, or maybe advise the Trimotor?

Thanks, Jon

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
I'm looking to hit Tahoe too, but this is my first Tesla and I'm a bit anxious about the range. Do you think the dual motor is enough for Tahoe, or maybe advise the Trimotor?

Thanks, Jon
Apparently everyone that owns a Tesla worries about range anxiety. How many Superchargers are on the way? Don't sweat it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Camp Mode...
I am glad they added it to the software in advance of the CT being released. I am anticipating more information about how the CT can be used while camping. Only two more years to find out if it all works as advertised. I hope the time passes quickly.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Played with the camp mode in Model 3 the other day, it is pretty cool.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Able to keep screen, interior lights, power outlets all on for the time camp mode is on and also climate control. The screen also has a fire burning mode that also uses HVAC to through heat.

Stratosurfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Hybrid, Honda Pilot, 98 2500 Suburban 2500
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I believe I read a quote from Elon that CT will have a ‘hatch’ or other name of a way to transition from the cab to the vault and that the climate control would be available in the vault. Can anyone confirm this. If this is the case, this will be amazing and just what I need for some minimalist overnights I take on biz trips. I travel YMCA to YMCA and workout and shower early AM in the Y’s and then run to biz/client meetings. I wonder how many KW’s the HVAC system would burn in an overnight in the South during summer?

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag

Thanks, Jon
Live in Sonoma county, Will have to plan a year one CT Tahoe campout! "#CyberCampTahoe2022"
Sponsored