Camp mode? (Edit - seems to be called Tent mode)

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
I just saw MKBHD review and it looks like the mid-gate does not go down. Would it be possible to find out if the software allows for camp mode? If so, it will be interesting to know what it supports or means in the Cybertruck. I suspect that it may not be present... but a confirmation would be nice!
Sponsored

OP
OP

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
The cyber truck could "self level" itself - if I am understanding how the suspension works. I wonder if they support that? It would be useful for a "camp mode" or for anything else.

OP
OP

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
Just saw the tent accessory and there is a reference to a "Tent mode". Maybe we will be allowed to see what that means in the display model.... one can dream right?

OP
OP

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
Here is the tent description - in case anyone is interested:

DESCRIPTION
BRING YOUR CAMPSITE WITH YOU ON THE ROAD. FEATURING AN ULTRA-LIGHT, GEODESIC AIR-FRAME DESIGN, THE CYBERTRUCK BASECAMP TENT CAN BE INFLATED IN MINUTES USING A MANUAL PUMP WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ANY STRUCTURAL POLES. A TACTICAL GRAY KALEIDOSCOPE-PATTERNED NYLON INTERIOR KEEPS YOU SAFE FROM THE ELEMENTS, WHILE SCREEN WINDOWS ALLOW FOR AIRFLOW TO KEEP YOU COMFORTABLE. RELAX ON AN ULTRA-SOFT MATTRESS WHILE TAKING IN A VIEW OF THE STARS. USE THE TRUCK BED'S OUTLET TO KEEP YOUR DEVICES CHARGED (EVEN WHILE YOU’RE OFF-GRID). A WEATHER-RESISTANT OUTER SHELL WITH AN EXTENDABLE AWNING OFFERS ADDED PROTECTION.

THE FULLY COLLAPSABLE, SELF-CONTAINED PACK IS MOUNTED ABOVE THE TRUCK BED BUT BELOW THE TONNEAU COVER, CONSERVING BED STORAGE SPACE AND RANGE WHILE ON THE ROAD. ENGAGE TENT MODE ON YOUR VEHICLE'S TOUCHSCREEN FOR AN ENHANCED CAMPING EXPERIENCE.

J.Graham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3, 993, T4R
Country flag
Forgive me if this has been answered in another thread.
Do we have confirmation on whether or not the rear window goes down? Thanks

OP
OP

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
MKBHD seemed to indicate that it does not - it was very brief though. Hoping to get better clarity. Perhaps details of what "Tent Mode" can also clarify that question?

OP
OP

dodgy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
There is speculation that tent mode allows the truck to self level itself. Also the Basecamp accessory is from Heimplanet.

Snippets from the 'net indicate that HVAC access to the bed would not be very efficient and is not an option - meaning rear window does not go down.

Still awaiting confirmation - will update this thread when I find out.
Sponsored