Can I make it to the lake and back with my bassboat?

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Lots of great threads and info on towing. Given that 31% of us that responded to the towing poll plan to tow a boat, I would love to hear thoughts on whether i can make it to the lake and back with my bassboat without supercharging, and if so, how much battery energy, if any, I would have left when I get home. Here's my scenario - CT3, fully charged at 560 miles, round trip of 298 miles, towing a dual axle bassboat weighing 5225 lbs (boat, trailer, fuel, gear, but no cover to reduce drag), 70% of the trip will be interstate traveling at 75 mph (yes - I know the posted speed limit is 70!), and the other 30% of the trip running at 60 mph.
Hell just pull up and take over 2-3 spaces while leaving the attached boat covering 1-2 non-electric charging spots , charge what ya can until someone starts "FLAPPIN THEIR GUMS" then "be Canadian" and say "I'm sorry" or the new irresponsible one "I'm sorry your offended" then vamoose!

Then again, I am not sure what the config of your areas Epumps are.

Hehehe
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
You're nearly doubling your mass, reducing your aerodynamics and driving above peak efficiency speed so... yeah, you'll need to charge. One thing many of us need to get in our heads though, is you don't need to fully charge. Probably 15mins of juice would do it, so take a piss, wash your hands, grab your coffee and you're good to go.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And current EVSE stations are made for current cars. Once Semis and Cybertrucks start rolling off the line, pull-through parking will be more common. It just takes up more space, and right now, that's at a premium.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: