Can I pickup my Cybertruck at Giga Texas (factory delivery)?

Deleted member 12560

That sounds like a great plan

though just in case any out-of-state friends have differing views of “side-trip” from a 6.5 hour one-way drive

Especially our NE friends - saw this the other day, map of Connecticut overlaying Houston

3CD3BD07-A16A-4885-A477-3E2069424D5E.jpeg
I live near Miami, FL. Miami-Dade County is twice the size of Rhode Island, 1/2 the size of Conneticut and contains 35 cities and a whole lot of swamp. It takes 8-10 hours to drive out of Florida. We also have the 2nd longest coastline in the country. I am used to long hauls. I will likely have to take quite a telephoto lens to get shots of the facility if the guards there are as prickly as the ones at GigaTexas.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I live near Miami, FL. Miami-Dade County is twice the size of Rhode Island, 1/2 the size of Conneticut and contains 35 cities and a whole lot of swamp. It takes 8-10 hours to drive out of Florida. We also have the 2nd longest coastline in the country. I am used to long hauls. I will likely have to take quite a telephoto lens to get shots of the facility if the guards there are as prickly as the ones at GigaTexas.
youre made for it!

Here’s a related bit of trivia

El Paso is 12 miles closer to San Diego than it is to Houston

Almost Mars

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor Cybertruck on order, Model S Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That sounds like a great plan

though just in case any out-of-state friends have differing views of “side-trip” from a 6.5 hour one-way drive

Especially our NE friends - saw this the other day, map of Connecticut overlaying Houston

3CD3BD07-A16A-4885-A477-3E2069424D5E.jpeg
Very true. It is a haul, but I’m in Washington, so I’d be a haul regardless. Starbase is well worth the trip. You get up close because it’s right on a public road. San Antonio is a great town to visit as well.

Tesla Cybertruck Can I pickup my Cybertruck at Giga Texas (factory delivery)? IMG_1796

Steevo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Long Range . FSD Dual-motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I bought a new Model Y last week in TX. It was in inventory. The only options was to pickup at Austin Pond-Springs. The parking lot there is very small (don't see how they could fit many Cybertrucks there). I had to drive from DFW to Austin and pickup within 5-7 days or my order would have been cancelled (wasn't very happy about that).

Traffic at the Gigafactory is crazy; especially at the north main entrance road. A trailer loaded with Model Y's leaves the factory every minute (this is no exaggeration). Still lots of construction. Dusty environment. Maybe factory pickup will be possible on the south side where things seem more calm/clean.

Roboto

First Name
Roboto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Cyber
Country flag
Assuming preorder number will be the highest rated determining factor for vehicle allocation. Will Tesla let you drive/fly to Austin Tx to pick up your Cybertruck? Or will it be offered to preorder candidates that are located in states closest to Austin Tx first? Thoughts?
tesla-store-model-3-line-e1515880602563.jpg copy.jpg
I was looking forward to doing that and taking it directly for a spin at driving experience course nearby. Imagine getting your truck and having a track experience at the nearby Tesla Offroad/Speed Way driving school course.
Sponsored