Cannot make this up: Wyoming subset attempt to ban electric vehicles in the state

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The dozens of Wyoming EV owners are crushed 😭
I have been to Wyoming many times. Rolling coal is not the worse they can do to you. The Wyoming EV owners better watch where they drive because there are humongous sized mining trucks there where the mining truck could drive on top of the EV and you would not be able to see the crushed EV under just one of the truck tires.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I have been to Wyoming many times. Rolling coal is not the worse they can do to you. The Wyoming EV owners better watch where they drive because there are humongous sized mining trucks there where the mining truck could drive on top of the EV and you would not be able to see the crushed EV under just one of the truck tires.

Thing is... A lot of these huge mining trucks are getting converted to full EV... I wonder what the state's position will be on EV mining equiptment...

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Manslaughter isn't very funny. But also those trucks are slow and wouldn't have an easy time catching most EVs. Not to mention they probably don't frequent the same roads.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A place which has its own history and is going to change quickly. It happens here when the mining giant leaves.

This power play is the last gasp of an industry and the culture surrounding it.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Wyoming peoposed EV ban is dumb and would backfire on them just like Britain leaving EU (BreXit). Just because it is a colossally bad idea does not mean they won't do it.

Wyoming is not the only U.S. state that is talking like this, Louisiana is another. There may be more.

---------------------------------------------

Wyoming Proposes BANNING EVs Like Tesla!!
Dr. Know-it-all Knows it all
2023Jan18

--------

---------------------------------------------

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The free market should be left alone and be allowed to sort itself out.

California should not be mandating any purchase choices on people.
Wyoming should not be mandating any purchase choices on people.

Ironically, I think California's oppressive stance will make some uninformed buyers flock to fossil fuel narratives instead of researching EVs more and possibly trying them without being forced.

Ironically also, I think Wyoming's oil corporation bias stance, will possibly make some buyers research benefits of EV ownership more and possibly try them, instead of being forced to buy gas.

The government is not your friend. Corporations are not your friend.
The government infested with corporate lobbies is certainly not your friend.

Fortunately, Tesla and Elon Musk were smart enough to see this and avoid dependency on the government or corporations, while vertically integrating to stand on their own.

This is why Tesla is focused on the mission of sustainable transport,
While government, corporations, and the MSM are thrashing in mud like Mr. Wu's pigs.

- ÆCIII

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
They aren't the only time a Tesla might come across one of those is if its visiting a mine and is actually allowed in the mine area.

From my understanding most newer ones are diesel electric like a locomotive though I have heard of one being full electric with the mine up higher than the drop off point so they have to discharge it from time to time to keep the regenerative breaking going.