Center Seat Delete Campaign!

Should the Cybertruck have a front center seat?

• Total voters

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Of course it should. This is a purely speculative comment based on my 25 years of driving mid and full size trucks and hanging out with lots of people who also drive similar trucks,. I think most of those people...not all, but most of them who are used to driving trucks as their daily driver for all things, work, hunting, commuting, towing, plowing and road trips, will want the center seat with the fold down back (as is standard in most full size trucks). What's the benefit of the bucket seats? Aesthetics? I don't need no stinking aesthetics...I'm working here.

I know Tesla isn't big on options, but my guess is that front bucket seats will be an option. This is also a purely speculative comment.
Sponsored

MRTENNANT

First Name
Tray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla CT on Order
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
Looks like the OP is in the minority. Seems to me having had many trucks that the pad under a lot of center consoles is wasted space. Looks like the designers were smart enough to use that space and give us all an extra seat (and still have a console if you want it). go #teambench

OP
OP
futureproof

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Looks like the OP is in the minority. Seems to me having had many trucks that the pad under a lot of center consoles is wasted space. Looks like the designers were smart enough to use that space and give us all an extra seat (and still have a console if you want it). go #teambench
Yes, I am definitely in the minority by quite a lot. And some good reasons were given for having a center seat.

But hey, that's one of the benefits of a forum like this. If an idea can't win over the home crowd, it's probably not going to succeed with a larger audience.

I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond.

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
KEEP IT! It is always good practice to have a spare seat available.
And once we will tow our toyhauler we will need all the space we can get with dw, two kids and two huskies :)

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
Keep it! I have been irritated with Chevy over various years because they only offered certain upgraded options with their "captain's chairs" and NOT their "bench seat."

I have never wanted, have never bought, and don't plan on buying a truck without the "bench seat" / center seat with flip console in the center! It has just been TOO useful and needed over the years! My extended cab trucks over the years have been the king of versatility! Being able to put six people in the cab is not used often - but, when used it means that I get to transport someone that might not get to go OR, we have to take TWO vehicles! Not only that - the "bench seats" are about 90% as comfortable as the dang "captain's chairs" these days! So, NOPE NOPE NOPE!

If Tesla deleted it and went with "captain's chairs" instead - it might not be a deal breaker... But, it would be close!

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
It doesn't need to be deleted. Unbolt it yourself. It just needs to be a module independent of the left and right seats. I plan on unbolting mine.

But if that drawer is a refrigerator I will keep it and just fold the seat back down and climb over when I need to get in the back without going outside..

Tesla Cybertruck Center Seat Delete Campaign! 1640243941697

Double Dare Fan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul
Occupation
etsy.com/PlatonicWoodWorks
Country flag
It doesn't need to be deleted. Unbolt it yourself. It just needs to be a module independent of the left and right seats. I plan on unbolting mine.

But if that drawer is a refrigerator I will keep it and just fold the seat back down and climb over when I need to get in the back without going outside..
If I could, I would vote yes.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

1640243941697.jpeg
The shape of that makes me think it's not as simple as "unbolt it". Looking at the center console in my Model Y, that base portion likely acts as the rear seat vents and USB power ports for the rear seat.

There might be an aftermarket replacement console which has those functions.
Sponsored