First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No, i average 700watts/hr.
A watt is measured over an hour, so the hour is unnecessary unless you're specifically talking about storage.

That's like, over 16 kWh in a day, which isn't too bad compared to the average American household.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
A watt is measured over an hour, so the hour is unnecessary unless you're specifically talking about storage.

That's like, over 16 kWh in a day, which isn't too bad compared to the average American household.

-Crissa
Not necessary? You did the math too. Good. Let me use my big brain as an electrical engineer for you... 0.7kwh good now?

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
A watt is measured over an hour...
-Crissa
A watt is a measure of the RATE of work performed and kilowatt hrs is a measure of the QUANTITY of work performed. Wikipedia has a convenient definition of a watt:

When an object's velocity is held constant at one meter per second against a constant opposing force of one newton, the RATE at which work is done is one watt.
In terms of electromagnetism, one watt is the rate at which electrical work is performed when a current of one ampere (A) flows across an electrical potential difference of one volt (V)

Think of watts as a measure similar to speed, which is another measure that is a rate. Just like speed (a rate) multipled by time (miles per hour X hours) equals distance traveled (a quantity), watts (a rate) multiplied by time (watts X hours) equals work performed (a quantity).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wow, the mansplaining is big this morning, I was just releasing you from needing unnecessary units.

How much battery power does a 100 watt bulb use in an hour? 100 watt hours.

Your house is using 700 watts hours per hour? It's operating at an average 700 watts.

The hour was superfluous. It's only needed if you use another time, say, you had your seven 100W bulbs only run for thirty minutes. Then you end up needing to say you used up 350 Watt-hours.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Wow, the mansplaining is big this morning, I was just releasing you from needing unnecessary units.

….
-Crissa
I have a friend that was asked what she was working in and explained it was a documentary about Van Allen. The dude then told her it was pronounced “Van Halen” 😅

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

-Crissa
My avg is 28kW -38kW. Pool and a/c. But use ac very sparingly

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
:giggle:....love it....I'm a Ga Tech EE also.....