Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Wow, tons of info.

They also talk about BAW's distant cousin, Tesla's official? material "HFS" ("hard friken stainless").

Front mega casting is done using same type machine used for Tesla Model Y, Idra 6000 (NOT Idra 9000). So Cybertruck needs one Idra 6000 and one Idra 9000 and Tesla might already have mega casting capacity for 350K/year Cybertrucks.
I saw that and jumped right here to post it.
Our production estimates have been doubled, we also speculate a 3rd 9ton is on its way, potentially boosting capacity to over 500,000 units per year.

Elon reckons maybe 250,000 units in 25... Perhaps true, but the scale could be at 350,000+ before the year is out.

I have yet to watch - This vid may be unique or an extract of the above :

Sponsored

GhostAndSkater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
15.02:1 to be exact. I was wondering when this stat was going to be made public. There’s a few other cool stats listed in the owners manual that I’ve yet to see.
Wait, you have the manual? Under NDA not to share?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla can do all these new cool innovations because they have a forward thinking CEO with $26 billion in cash to play with.
That's misleading. Yes, Tesla is doing well financially. But the real reason they can afford all the innovations they bring to market has little to do with their cash pile and everything to do with how efficient they are as an organization.

They don't have layers of bureaucracy to wade up and down through and there isn't a lot of silly busy work. They empower the employees and don't assign 12 people to do something that 3 people can do. The opposite of this is why American manufacturing declined so dramatically. People were no longer focused on making difficult things happen, without a sense of urgency, they became complacent. The other contributing factor is their culture of first principles thinking. It's using basic logic to get to where you are going without going down too many wasteful dead ends arising out of incorrect thinking, bad assumptions and generally slothful thinking.

None of this would be possible if they didn't have smart employees with top-level skills and a desire to work with one another towards common goals.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
When you listen to him talk, you can see him perk up when it comes to manufacturing processes and mechanical engineering topics, but he directly states that he doesn't know the software side of things, and by extension, probably doesn't know much about the new gigabit ethernet architecture.
I had a friend that worked there a few years ago and left before Cory left. I applied for a position, but they were looking for electronics costing people, of which I had some limited experience. I know they have engineers there that have deep knowledge on BMS and pack technology, but I'm not sure if they have anyone with knowledge on comm architecture or software engineering. If anyone from Munro is reading these threads, I can still be bought. My commute will be literally the same as it currently is. Look back in your submitted resumes around 2/14/22.
If you really want to work there you can probably make it happen. But not by posting a reminder of your resume on a Cybertruck Owner's Club forum. Send them a note, drop in to see them, tell them why it would be mutually beneficial. They are busy, pester them, be insistent. Take charge. If they don't hire you then, it's not because you only tried in a half-hearted manner.

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
If you really want to work there you can probably make it happen. But not by posting a reminder of your resume on a Cybertruck Owner's Club forum. Send them a note, drop in to see them, tell them why it would be mutually beneficial. They are busy, pester them, be insistent. Take charge. If they don't hire you then, it's not because you only tried in a half-hearted manner.
Mostly tongue-in-cheek comment on how they would like to be able to comment about the software aspects, but passed me over because I didn't have what they wanted at the time. I'm not sure they could match my current pay grade since I would be moving from software engineering to reverse engineering analysis. I think software optimization services are out of their wheelhouse.

EVOverlanding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Cybertruck FS Order
Country flag
Man.... you're getting an exclusive sit down and review by the Tesla team and Franz and you decide to take that privilege and throw a Ford sponsorship saying how "innovative" they are and placing Lightning b-roll footage at the start of the video?

I'd guess this and whatever footage they captured from this day will be the last time Tesla invites Munro and team in for exclusive content. The optics on this from a content creator perspective should be obvious but here we are.

That said, cool to see and learn some of the new things they shared.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Man.... you're getting an exclusive sit down and review by the Tesla team and Franz and you decide to take that privilege and throw a Ford sponsorship and Lightning commercial at the start of the video?

I'd guess this and whatever footage they captured from this day will be the last time Tesla invites Munro and team in for exclusive content. The optics on this from a content creator perspective should be obvious but here we are.

That said, cool to see and learn some of the new things they shared.

You have it backwards.

Ford is paying money to get cybertruck talk out there.

Ford is trying to steal the audience.

Scott Beall

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Grand Cherokee (dd), 1966 Mustang, 1967 Corv
Country flag
An added value for me is that Cybertruck will provide power to the house. According to the video, it will deliver 11.5 KW, 110 amps inrush current capability. I'm assuming that is equivalent to having 110 amp electric service to the home.

A Generac 10 KW natural gas backup generator with transfer switch lists for $3,879 before installation. You get the capability for free with the CT. As I understand it, the equipment to add this to the home is included in the Founders Edition models, with a $5K installation allowance in the Beast. This will be available as an option for non-Foundation trucks.
I'm really interested to know how long a CT can provide this power on the regular and the extended batteries. Of course for longer outages you can always run out to a charging station to bring home more power.

My house is not suitable for solar, but I've been looking at backup generators and I'll definitely use the CT for that instead of gas. This would be great for folks who have frequent power outages or rolling brownouts.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
An added value for me is that Cybertruck will provide power to the house. According to the video, it will deliver 11.5 KW, 110 amps inrush current capability. I'm assuming that is equivalent to having 110 amp electric service to the home.

A Generac 10 KW natural gas backup generator with transfer switch lists for $3,879 before installation. You get the capability for free with the CT. As I understand it, the equipment to add this to the home is included in the Founders Edition models, with a $5K installation allowance in the Beast. This will be available as an option for non-Foundation trucks.
I'm really interested to know how long a CT can provide this power on the regular and the extended batteries. Of course for longer outages you can always run out to a charging station to bring home more power.

My house is not suitable for solar, but I've been looking at backup generators and I'll definitely use the CT for that instead of gas. This would be great for folks who have frequent power outages or rolling brownouts.
If you can tell me how many kWh units you use on your current electrical bill in the summer and then in the winter, I can tell you how long the CT battery will roughly last.

Or otherwise you can do it yourself too, and just take 90kWh and divide it by the amount of kWh you use per day. If you only have a monthly unit figure on your bill, just divide it by 30.2 first to get an average, and then do the above.

For example: Monthly consumption 604kWh / 30.2 = 20kWh day so 90kWh / 20kWh = 4.5 days

Just don't forget to leave enough in there to get to the nearest charger that is working still, and not affected by the blackout. ;)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
In that case, Elon just told me on PM he is allowed to share it and post it here, it's true
i wished! Can't be long now, it will be making it's rounds soon enough.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I like Sandy but listening to him is brutal. He really needs a co host that can help along the conversation.
It's interesting you say this after that video. It's the first Munro video in a while where Sandy's "personality" actually came across as loveable old curmudgeon. The fact that he had the Tesla braintrust at his disposal shows that his toadying up to Elon has paid off.

That said, his question about selling the software to other OEM's was a cringe worthy moment. :censored:
Sponsored