JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Rivian R1S, F150L, McLaren Artura
Country flag
I've been seeing so many controversial videos and comments about the Cybertruck. After having this for about 2 weeks, im starting to understand the quirks about this vehicle and can align with several of the video's concerns around

1. Price
  2. Range below 300mi to the charge - but I knew this.
  3. Limited Visibility and A pillar visibility
  4. Difficultly driving in the rain using the rear camera and the singular windshield wiper
  5. parking issues with overall length and lack of park assist
  6. Bad corners on the frunk
  7. A new money suck with the $15k battery upgrade and $6k vehicle wrap for fingerprinting
  8. interior lacking for a $100k vehicle purchase

I am curious on the Model X owners. What issues do you have with that vehicle???

I think back in 2019 I was a different guy and not 6 years later im starting to realize that perhaps I am a Model X guy and no longer a cybertruck guy. I've been having some concerns about the truck but am trying to understand if the X is the better way to go. I was totally sold on the price and range back in 2019 and now that its 6 years later, both have me slightly compromised.

What concerns are with the X and does anyone else share my sentiments on the truck.
I just traded our 2022 Model X LR for a Rivian R1S. Overall the Model X is solid as a vehicle.

My wife misses the size and thinks the R1S is too big.

To be honest we found in the north the falcon wing doors let all of the heat out of the car in the colder months (wind tunnel with both open).

Also we had luggage in the rear after a trip and had to brake on the highway and a suitcase launched from the rear through the captains chairs and nearly squashed our dog. This can't happen with the 5 or 7 seat options and isn't a problem in the R1S.

Finally like many other refreshed Model X owners we had this weird issue where the refreshed trim was rubbing around the falcon wing doors. It made it sound like someone was making ballon animals in the rear whenever we were on a slightly uneven surface. My wife just ignored it but it drove me up the wall.

Happy to answer any specifics you may have. Here's my context:

1. Model 3 2018 - previously owned
2. Model S Plaid 2022 - current owner
3. F150 Lightning 2023 - current owner
4. Porsche Taycan Turbo 2020 - previous owner
5. Model X LR 2022 - previous owner
6. Pininfarina Batista - Got to drive it for 30 mins!
Sponsored

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
About point 4....Don't know if it will help but on every car I've owned in the past few years I always do the trick with the windshield. Wipe the windshield wiper down with a WD-40 and Windex the windshield to get the grime off. I've seen it work wonders on early 2000s truck, maybe it'll work for you and the rain. Just an idea to eliminate a "con".
Also apply rainX to the entire window. Oregon driver here...

Boo23

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW M40 Z4, 84 Camaro Z28
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
RainX is great but can stop auto wipers working properly.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I am getting a free pick up truck and paying for the 7 or 8 power walls with the Power Share feature...might be useful if you live in Florida on the coast with hurricanes.
That is such an interesting way to look at it. Thanks for that perspective.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Current trade in value for a CT: $40k (just joking . . Sort of.)
Actually, I believe you won’t be offered over $80k. Sadly.

rgs28ja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT on order
Country flag
I am getting a free pick up truck and paying for the 7 or 8 power walls with the Power Share feature...might be useful if you live in Florida on the coast with hurricanes.
Not sure why this isn’t metioned more. Without the ability to use the CT as a 5+day whole house power back up I’m not sure I would be a FS taker.
Sponsored