Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just for clarity here, this is as much of a "Confirmation" as this all has.

Does that mean HVAC in the vault? Maybe. Access to the vault from the cabin? Could be? Or was he talking about Bio Weapon defense?

How valuable this all is is totally unknown.
Sponsored

robk444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would design the front seats to be able to move all the way up and back all the way down so that it's as close to a flat surface until the back seats.
Won't be able to happen with the middle seat as it doesn't have a high back but when you don't need leg room in the front seats for camp mode they could move up alot.

I think that's going to be a nicer sleeping arrangement due to the roof. Not sure how much visibility you will have in the vault. Sleeping under the stars in air conditioning could be really nice.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, that matches Ogre's 'you want to put your head under the front window so you can see out at the stars'.

Also, you wouldn't be putting cargo in the seats you're riding in, so they'd be open and available to shift around.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is back seat of lightening Pro. Look at the flat floor. With the seat up, if your height is within the interior width, it looks comfortable enough for one. CT can do the same for back seat and even better for front with the continuous surface. This is a perfect setup for married people. If you are dating, or married car camping with someone else however, back seat and front seat need to work together to provide a wider flat surface for two.

one way or another you need a good night sleep to deal with apocalypse.

Tesla Cybertruck CT Camp Mode 1629125094089

Last edited:

Deleted member 11233

While Camp Mode is nice, I don't think I would want to use it for the full three weeks I spend in Nevada's Black Rock Desert during the Burning Man event where I volunteer. Luckily the truck bed is plenty large for my Honda 3 KW generator and a couple of cans of gas to power the air conditioner in my small 2600 pound egg-shaped camper that I will tow out there with the CT.

Currently the nearest Supercharger along my route is 155 miles away from the event location in Lovelock, NV; which won't be a deal breaker if the CT will have a 400+ mile range...otherwise I will have to charge before I leave the event to return home.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
While Camp Mode is nice, I don't think I would want to use it for the full three weeks I spend in Nevada's Black Rock Desert during the Burning Man event where I volunteer. Luckily the truck bed is plenty large for my Honda 3 KW generator and a couple of cans of gas to power the air conditioner in my small 2600 pound egg-shaped camper that I will tow out there with the CT.

Currently the nearest Supercharger along my route is 155 miles away from the event location in Lovelock, NV; which won't be a deal breaker if the CT will have a 400+ mile range...otherwise I will have to charge before I leave the event to return home.
This is why the solar option is so appealing. Offsets the effects of daily use without having to lug around a heavy generator and gasoline. Show up, hang out for 3 weeks, leave with more power than you arrived with.

FHWizard

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester Sport, M3 LR, MY LR, CT tri reserv
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

The first time someone shows up at burning man with a Cybertruck and Cybercamper, they won't have to do a thing to make it fit right in.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The first time someone shows up at burning man with a Cybertruck and Cybercamper, they won't have to do a thing to make it fit right in.
Likely the first year it's released there will be a dozen (dozens?) or more there. It strikes me as being the perfect sort of convergence between the post apocalyptic vibe and the Silicon Valley appeal of the event. I suspect the number of them at Burning Man is only limited by how quickly production gears up.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Those inflatable tents are really cool IMO. I can definitely see heimplanet or the like creating one that works with the vault. But, Elon, if you are reading this, please make the Midgate. And not only for camping. But getting oversized stuff in there too.
Sponsored