Current Mileage and Driveability Issues (if any)

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Anyone with a VIN above 4000, have any issues with PCS, charging, tonneau, etc ? i know some of the PCS issues and tonneau buttons had isssues just curious if they been ironed out yet
Sponsored

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
My son's low 4000s VIN

Bricked on his first road trip with it, lost all power and steering got extremely soft. Took one truck to get him off the highway and another for the long haul to a Tesla SC that could work on it. Tesla says it is harness and fix window is 3-4 weeks.
45634786585232024.png

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
My son's low 4000s VIN

Bricked on his first road trip with it, lost all power and steering got extremely soft. Took one truck to get him off the highway and another for the long haul to a Tesla SC that could work on it. Tesla says it is harness and fix window is 3-4 weeks.
45634786585232024.png
oh boy :( tesla covered all the towing and stuff i bet ? how did he get home from the road trip ? do you know how far he got before this happened ?

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
He was bout 400 miles into his trip, about 2-3k miles on truck.
Tesla paid to have it shipped and gave him a model 3 that he crammed his wife, kids, and dog into. Road trip was canceled and headed home.

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
He was bout 400 miles into his trip, about 2-3k miles on truck.
Tesla paid to have it shipped and gave him a model 3 that he crammed his wife, kids, and dog into. Road trip was canceled and headed home.
wow thats such shit .... when its ready to pickup hes gotta drive it all the way back down then ?

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
No idea, he has at least 4 weeks to figure that out, but he is assuming he will have to do the 13hour round trip drive to get it when it is ready. The good thing about that is he will have 6+ hours of driving it to see if it is truly fixed before putting my grandkids back in it.

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
god please someone tell me your truck is fine with several thousand miles on it, i will be going from CA to MA in a couple weeks and thats the only thing that scares me :(

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
You're gonna be fine. How many known cases do we have here? 10? I think it's less but let's be generous.

Go back to my 1:10 assumption. You are tracking 400 delivered orders. Even if you figure I'm super wrong, and we are at 1:5 people posting here, you have a .5% chance of having this issue. If you figure I'm right, and it's 1:10, you have a .25% chance of having this issue.

I wouldn't sweat it. You always hear more negative than more positive on forums like this.

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
You're gonna be fine. How many known cases do we have here? 10? I think it's less but let's be generous.

Go back to my 1:10 assumption. You are tracking 400 delivered orders. Even if you figure I'm super wrong, and we are at 1:5 people posting here, you have a .5% chance of having this issue. If you figure I'm right, and it's 1:10, you have a .25% chance of having this issue.

I wouldn't sweat it. You always hear more negative than more positive on forums like this.
i was thinking maybe people arent putting on many miles yet so it hasnt happened, one case it didnt show up till 2000-2500 miles. thanks for the encouragement tho :)

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD, LR Defender 90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Vin 39xx - truck won’t charge with AC chargers. Less than 200 miles :/

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
oh boy :( tesla covered all the towing and stuff i bet ? how did he get home from the road trip ? do you know how far he got before this happened ?
Did they? I am curious. Tesla's customer service is garbage/non-existent. I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck the customer with the bill.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
1/2 for me personally
Both sons have one, one has been fine other than some minor issues with errors and alignment issue.
Other son had harness issue and truck would not turn on, left him and family on side of road.

So from personal experience about 50%
Little issues expected with a new production vehicle, especially a tesla butCT seems to have extra troubles that are vehicle disabling.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

100% on the money!

emu

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
21xx vin. 1k miles. No problemos
Sponsored