Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
There seems to be so much space available in the dash/center console areas of the CT that I'm guessing it would be possible and probably cool to build out one's own custom dash or console. Looking through YouTube I only see videos of people trying to make their old ICE vehicle dash look like a Tesla or a few Tesla dash parts getting removed and custom wrapped with things like carbon fiber...

Personally, I'd like to be able to create multiple storage vaults. Some of them lockable and pretty secure. Has anyone seen cases of people doing any real upgrades to their Tesla interiors? With the CT interior being pretty clean it seems like it would be ripe for modifications.

Note that I'm assuming that if one is going to mod the dash that they will also have the capability to replace the front center seat for a custom console if they like.
I seriously doubt that dash is meant for production. I think Tesla realized, Rivian has been working on an electric Truck for 10 years and there is billions of sales at stake if they don’t get into the game so they had to slap something together fast. They decided not to waste time on niceties and finish the major stuff for the demo. The reason I think dash was left behind is:

• It has light color
  • for a truck that is all about functionality, it has no function
  • It looks slippery. If the driver in a tri-motor floor it, the passenger has to spend some serious time in the bathroom to recover the cell phone they placed on the dash.
  • it didn’t look like it had ventilation
however if for Some reason that is the production dash, aftermarket opportunity is huge. I personally love a minimalist simple design but there is no conflict between simple and functional. You could have a Non reflective textured dash with some edges that gives you the option to junk it up if you need to. Or as others have suggested hidden storage.

p.s. I like the front middle seat. It helps the goal of kicking butt in as many areas as possible. with it, CT can carry as many passengers as some three row SUVs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⌕䞫⻏?ć°șă‚»ć°șă„©âŒ•é•ż
Country flag
I certainly hope they have storage in that massive tabletop dash.
if done well, they could make it so you can barely see where the compartments are.
seems like a waste of space if its just a solid top with no storage.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Of all the vehicles that I have owned, the single most used factory feature, that I appreciate the most? That would be the Tahoe push down coin holder to plug coins into parking meters.. It would be killer to see a bill holder for tips/bribes/donations handy as well.
Yeah, back in the 90's to 2010's that was a handy accessory, I had one in my cars then. Now that Canada is essentially a cashless society there is no need for coin holders.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I heard the demo's dash is paperstone (eco-friendly pressed paper commercial countertop that is very durable, sandable, etc). Not lightweight and wouldn't think easy to pivot open.
I love the idea but hope for a bunch of storage spaces too

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope that the windscreen area does not show too much glare against the inside of the screen....My S shows a lot of glare bouncing off the top of the dash

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
Thinking into the future... let's say it's just the paper dash and foldable middle bench seat.

It's just the Mrs., the dog, and myself with kids over the horizon. Has anyone ever thought of easily removable middle seat options or have seen any DIY's/Customs out there? Trying to get some ideas before I break open the workshop and create my own.

Also, do you think it's possible to cut open the dash and create your own cubbies and dash hideaways? Just bouncing ideas cuz I don't have anything tangible in hand yet to play with. Once that CT is here though.....:devilish::devilish::devilish:... Im going custom wild

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I heard the demo's dash is paperstone (eco-friendly pressed paper commercial countertop that is very durable, sandable, etc). Not lightweight and wouldn't think easy to pivot open.
I love the idea but hope for a bunch of storage spaces too
I doubt it's a solid slab.... seems like that would be more durable than is needed.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Last century’s automotive tweaks were wheels, tires, ICE, sound , paint and trailer hitch nuts! “Happy Days“ going down to the local garage and bolting in Recaro seats, billet grilles and exhaust tips to match new wheels are past.

This century the outside is an expensive proposition beyond wheels and tires. Inside, the electronic-era, Tesla centralized everything on its flat screen. So the new tweak is interior, add-ons or GoBig.

No production Cybertruck's yet. But an Uncanny Valley awaits. Aero to Dystopia themes from steampunk to American Grafitti meets Alien cyberpunk will infiltrate CT‘s. Its exciting to iterate over functional requirements. But the real money is in what nails GoBig pounding the biggest stake out to the future with the longest legs.

GoBig is a fun exercise of themed and narrative invention. Hollywood will be looking. Big automotive are watching. Automotive supply chains want to ride the next new wave and F-150’s are ”Back to the Future”. CT MVP hasn’t been lost on NASA. WallSt never sleeps and
“The Big Short” continues to haunt capitalism. Every CT comes with an unspoken promise that “CT can save a planet and build a future”. Reddit are woke!

Pick Tom Hank’s to star in a movie for CT and roll the tape in your head. Bad movie or Ahhh. First GoBig concept that actually gets to Ahh Ha! wins.

Mine: CT is the next ET

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I doubt it's a solid slab.... seems like that would be more durable than is needed.
This was cool to see... the paperstone products are available in many thicknesses, supporting a super-durable, yet fairly light weight, and low volume design that can easily last those million miles!

Available thicknesses:
0.125” 0.25” 0.375” 0.5” 0.75” 1.00” 1.25”
Sponsored