AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FD series Dual Motor AWD
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
You make an excellent point and I'm familiar with the "diminution in value" claim. I've helped similar people in the past. New car or highly custom car. My body guy and I looked carefully at it and it is purely cosmetic. Fixed it temporarily with some "duct tape" and double edge tape. Haha! I told the young guy helping if "duct tape" was good enough for Apollo 13 it was good enough for my Space Truck.
Awesome👊. Love to hear the CT takes blows like iron Mike. Maybe it’s a reasonable enough fix she gives you cash and keep it off the record and carfax…
Sponsored

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Awesome👊. Love to hear the CT takes blows like iron Mike. Maybe it’s a reasonable enough fix she gives you cash and keep it off the record and carfax…
Took it really well. Messed up the gaps between driver's door and front fender. Knocked front smooth panel loose and I've duct taped it to the side.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
I can promise you my temperature was up, but, she was young and upset. At the time, I honestly had no clue where she came from? All I could say to her was that the truck recorded everything that happened. (and it did) The next part of this journey will be the insurance claim and Tesla Body Repair experience. I'm sure hoping that parts won't be a problem? For the time being silver duct tape will have to do.
well, if you want to class it up just a tad…

https://a.co/d/01pc8PI

https://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/colors/chrome-188-in-x-10-yd

someccie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast
Occupation
Network Dude
Country flag
I'm sorry you and your truck had to endure this, but I'm glad you and the other driver are safe and sound! I look forward to seeing your truck back in its glory around Iron Bowl time!

tlc5432

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Model X, Model Y
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Good luck with repairs. I’m sure that Tesla will make this as painless as they can. Do you have insurance with them? I think that may help. As an aside, I have a neighbor who has a friend, with a CT, which was vandalized with assholes who spray painted the CT with disparaging shit, like Elon sucks, etc. not yet sure the damage…. I am a bit now uncomfortable that I park on the street. Yikes!!! Jealous people are assholes. Hang tough brother. CT family rule! Lolol

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I'm sorry you and your truck had to endure this, but I'm glad you and the other driver are safe and sound! I look forward to seeing your truck back in its glory around Iron Bowl time!
Let's hope it doesn't take quite that long! LoL!! Iron Bowl will definitely be different this year!

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Good luck with repairs. I’m sure that Tesla will make this as painless as they can. Do you have insurance with them? I think that may help. As an aside, I have a neighbor who has a friend, with a CT, which was vandalized with assholes who spray painted the CT with disparaging shit, like Elon sucks, etc. not yet sure the damage…. I am a bit now uncomfortable that I park on the street. Yikes!!! Jealous people are assholes. Hang tough brother. CT family rule! Lolol
No, I have Progressive. Not sure who the other driver's insurance is yet. Wreck reported to Tesla for body repair with photos through the Tesla app. (1st time for body repair appointment through an app.) Did he have "Sentry Mode" enabled? Was he able to determine the identities of the individuals?

CyberVeteran

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Care
Country flag
I can promise you my temperature was up, but, she was young and upset. At the time, I honestly had no clue where she came from? All I could say to her was that the truck recorded everything that happened. (and it did) The next part of this journey will be the insurance claim and Tesla Body Repair experience. I'm sure hoping that parts won't be a problem? For the time being silver duct tape will have to do.
I had my new 2013 Model S for about 6 months when an 89 year old using the center turn lane as a passing lane head on hit me as I used the lane to turn left. He was 100% at fault. It took $40K and about 6 months for the parts to come in and the repair/paint to be completed. Not to mention 6 months of rental car.... That was a hard lesson for that octogenarian, and he blamed me for it until the day he passed about 5 years ago. He ended up contesting fault, even though witness testimony and photos, (we had no Tesla dashcam on early models); mediation threw him a bone and said it was 80%/20% fault because I was on the road lol. But my insurance had him 100% at fault. At the time I was hoping that insurance would total the car because of diminished value but no dice.

I hope you get your "007" back up to speed in a quicker fashion than I did. BTW his car was totaled and he bounced off of me like he hit a brick wall and we barely felt anything in my car. He said I was aiming for him as if. I had my two young boys in the back seat, and I do not think anyone believes that I would aim my $100K car at a 20 y/o Toyota to get those sweet insurance dollars.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I had my new 2013 Model S for about 6 months when an 89 year old using the center turn lane as a passing lane head on hit me as I used the lane to turn left. He was 100% at fault. It took $40K and about 6 months for the parts to come in and the repair/paint to be completed. Not to mention 6 months of rental car.... That was a hard lesson for that octogenarian, and he blamed me for it until the day he passed about 5 years ago. He ended up contesting fault, even though witness testimony and photos, (we had no Tesla dashcam on early models); mediation threw him a bone and said it was 80%/20% fault because I was on the road lol. But my insurance had him 100% at fault. At the time I was hoping that insurance would total the car because of diminished value but no dice.

I hope you get your "007" back up to speed in a quicker fashion than I did. BTW his car was totaled and he bounced off of me like he hit a brick wall and we barely felt anything in my car. He said I was aiming for him as if. I had my two young boys in the back seat, and I do not think anyone believes that I would aim my $100K car at a 20 y/o Toyota to get those sweet insurance dollars.
It definitely was a shock to me. I'm sitting behind a line of cars to turn right on a four lane street headed west. Looking back to my left that west bound lane of traffic is closed by light while traffic headed east is a "turn left only" back onto the north bound boulevard I"m leaving. After the "crunch" I immediately found myself completely at a loss about how it could happen. It was long after the police arrived before the girl fessed up to a U-Turn and apologized. Just before myself and the police officer watched the *DashCam* video. A powerful piece of technology.

I hope I have a better repair experience than you did. However, I do understand that parts may take a while or hopefully, not much time at all? In the end, I'm emotionally gut punched that my new CyberTruck is wrecked. I've waited 5 years and so much excitement only a few days ago. My rational mind, though, tells me, it's just a car. It is actually not very damaged and I can still drive and enjoy using it instead of being without a vehicle. No one is hurt and I've seen many, many people seriously injured in a car wreck during my days. CyberTruck is a beast, definitely would have been a much more serious property damage to a normal car's sheet metal. As you say, Tesla makes a very strong vehicle. Wish me luck in the property damage war with the other driver's carrier! Hopefully I will not have to endure the same experience you did.

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad everyone is ok!

We ordered a front frunk facia panel for training and we had it in 4 days, so I think you will find parts come out quickly.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Took it really well. Messed up the gaps between driver's door and front fender. Knocked front smooth panel loose and I've duct taped it to the side.
You may want to look at something besides Duct tape, the glue in that stuff dries hard and can be very painful to remove.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

Not a Tesla story, but it reminds me.
A very short version.
  • Back in the early 2000's.
  • There had been a rash of robbers and I think murders of tourists picking up rental cars at the Miami airport where they were rear-ending the cars.
  • While not a tourist, I picked up a rental car.
  • Driving just south of the airport I stop at light.
  • Wham! I get rear-ended.
  • Holly Crap, I'm about to be killed!!!!!!

Look in the rear view mirror.
My thoughts, either I'm safe or have been rear ended by the STUPIDEST criminal in the world.

I had been rear ended by a 90+ year old preacher driving a 1970s Rolls Royce Silver Arrow!

First Name
Dober
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX / Foundation Edition Cyberbeast
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Sorry this happened to you, but glad you're OK, counselor. I'm curious--does the video include a timestamp, compass orientation and/or speed? I'm a safe driver, but any speed recording might become an issue . . . especially in the Cyberbeast when it arrives. ;)
Sponsored