Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I dont know about you guys but in 2021 i had a countdown here in my office and it makes the anticipation that much more.
going to add it here and update it every month. Also this makes time feel like its flying by. this countdown is assuming release in january 2023 but things can change. either way COUNTDOWN!
along with the countdown i will also add the most current pricing for the truck. since we do not have an update we will be going with unveil pricing and updating as the year goes on! feel free to chime in

CT JAN 2023 COUNTDOWN: 9 MONTHS

JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH

APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER

JANUARY CYBERTRUCK ESTIMATION RELEASE

Pricing as of January 2022:

QUAD MOTOR: NO PRICE YET
TRIMOTOR: $69,900
DUALMOTOR: $49,900
SINGLE: $39,900

In Elon We Trust ?
The date of Dec 2023 is still a pipe dream as a pre-construction prototype is still being figured out. I am #400k so my guess us sometime after the end of 2023. I was late in my reservation but right now it was over 2 years ago. Tesla is missing the rush to build a working pu. I decided to get a Y and that turned out to be a year too! The gas prices changed the time to get an EV.
Sponsored

Deleted member 3316

The only “subsidy” Tesla needs is a volume commitment for government vehicles. Scale should reduce costs across the business.

Deleted member 3316

True. But Tesla loves to find ways to make things cheaper by making them non-optional.

Mostly they're very bulky.

If the top of the line Cybertruck is indeed a double-layer pack, it would make sense to make the bottom tier out of LFPs that took the same space.

Unfortunately, Elon said they have no plans to make LFP 4680s at this point in time. It would add complexity when they do not need it.

-Crissa
Also it was specified on battery day, cyber and semi would have NMC chemistry for higher energy density.

Deleted member 3316

The date of Dec 2023 is still a pipe dream as a pre-construction prototype is still being figured out. I am #400k so my guess us sometime after the end of 2023. I was late in my reservation but right now it was over 2 years ago. Tesla is missing the rush to build a working pu. I decided to get a Y and that turned out to be a year too! The gas prices changed the time to get an EV.
I’m in the low 100k’s but I still won’t see a Cybertruck in my driveway till at least 2024-25…. Australia still doesn’t have Model Y ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also it was specified on battery day, cyber and semi would have NMC chemistry for higher energy density.
Yes, but it's been spoken about more recently. That it's not ruled out, but that don't have any plans for 4680 LFPs at this point.

I’m in the low 100k’s but I still won’t see a Cybertruck in my driveway till at least 2024-25…. Australia still doesn’t have Model Y ?
The UK is getting them right now so I bet you're next!

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only “subsidy” Tesla needs is a volume commitment for government vehicles. Scale should reduce costs across the business.
Wouldn’t really help, Tesla isn’t having trouble finding buyers right now.

They really don’t need anything from the gobmint

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is anyone else getting Ford Lightning emails ramping up? (I am assuming I am not the only one with deposits on both). When I put in my $100 on the Ford (w/in minutes of release) I really wasn't sure which I'd get first. I get the feeling the Ford is coming this year; one email included a link telling me to "get ready" (and then a subseequent one saying that was premature). I found their powering options interesting, though Apparently an Extended Range comes with the "Charge Station Pro" (see below) and allows for the bidirectional powering of the house.
Tesla Cybertruck CYBERTRUCK 2023 COUNTDOWN PAGE 1647299293415

Tesla Cybertruck CYBERTRUCK 2023 COUNTDOWN PAGE 1647299388446

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Wouldn’t really help, Tesla isn’t having trouble finding buyers right now.

They really don’t need anything from the gobmint
The main thing Tesla needs from the goobermint is a level playing field. I've seen interviews with EM, where he describes government oversight as like a referee. I agree, the only thing is that the referee has to be neutral. Which as of lately, the US government doesn't seem neutral at all.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The main thing Tesla needs from the goobermint is a level playing field. I've seen interviews with EM, where he describes government oversight as like a referee. I agree, the only thing is that the referee has to be neutral. Which as of lately, the US government doesn't seem neutral at all.
Tesla is like that A-student that doesn't need to be coddled to eat their vegetables.

Of course the ref has to pay more attention to the one who's not keeping up.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
While parts of the government tried to tip the field in favor of union shops, the actual end effect was negligible and likely not going anywhere. One of the advantages of living an obstructionist democracy I suppose.

Sounds like Manchin has dug in his heels and is now talking up hydrogen (gotta keep those Toyota-bucks coming in somehow I guess?)

Manchin is also coming in against government money for EV infrastructure as well, though personally, I think charging infrastructure is the one place we *should* be spending government money on EVs. Though that can easily tip the balance towards one company or another.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Manchin's comments are straight up baffling.

Manchin said:
I'm very reluctant to go down the path of electric vehicles. I'm old enough to remember standing in line in 1974 trying to buy gas - I remember those days. I don't want to have to be standing in line for a battery for my vehicle, because we're now dependent on a foreign supply chain - mostly China.
And oil is totally a renewable resource? What the eff is he talking about? Standing in line for a battery? Is he even going to be alive in ten years?

-Crissa

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Manchin is so far gone to his cooperate masters that he just can't help himself or any of his constituents.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Manchin's comments are straight up baffling.

And oil is totally a renewable resource? What the eff is he talking about? Standing in line for a battery? Is he even going to be alive in ten years?

-Crissa
That doesn't seem baffling to me. He's saying we shouldn't do mandates requiring EV's at this time. Because China has control of the battery production at this time. China is getting their hands on all the raw materials and trying to maintain control of the battery supply for the world, the same way OPEC had control of the oil in 1974. The US learned that we have to be self-reliant, and became capable of producing the oil we need. The same holds true for Batteries. We can't allow ourselves to become depend on ANY other nation. ESPECIALLY CHINA!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That doesn't seem baffling to me. He's saying we shouldn't do mandates requiring EV's at this time. Because China has control of the battery production at this time. China is getting their hands on all the raw materials and trying to maintain control of the battery supply for the world, the same way OPEC had control of the oil in 1974. The US learned that we have to be self-reliant, and became capable of producing the oil we need. The same holds true for Batteries. We can't allow ourselves to become depend on ANY other nation. ESPECIALLY CHINA!!!
There are parts of what he says that make sense and other parts which are utter nonsense.

Don’t want to be reliant on foreign batteries?

So make it so it’s easier to invest in local materials in a responsible fashion.

This is what Tesla is already doing. This is what they should be thinking about for the rest of the industry. Not “Hydrogen is a great way to go”!

Most of what goes into batteries is available in the US. Cobalt is the big one thats tough, but maybe invest in alternative chemistries to cobalt. *We know there are viable alternatives to cobalt in cells*.

Anyhow… I agree in a lot of ways with Manchin’s underlying thesis, but the conclusions are nonsense designed to cater to Toyota.