kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Looks great but -More solar panels!

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck RN112913462, Hummer, and a Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
Gooseneck may need to move slightly in front of rear wheels. Horse trailers used space above gooseneck for storage. Yes bed is not practical for a "couple' "Coupling" :cool:(y)

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck RN112913462, Hummer, and a Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
The gooseneck concept is good. Details would be corrected. I couldn't spend the time to design all that as was done here. We hope being critical does not deter the concept dream in the making. Go for it yea ! :cool:(y)

TTz

First Name
TTz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
And the lav and kitchen water/waste need to be back2back to reduce cost, weight, and complexity.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
While you can't zero out the trailer's weight behind the cybertruck, what about a single motor and, say 100mwh battery with regen set up when brakes are applied rather than a standard trailer brake? If the trailer could "push" half it's weight for the 200 or so miles we hope to get out of the Cybertruck, it would be awesome. And yes, cover that top with solar panels to help when dry docking and just keeping things charging and running at all times.

I have no problem with the bed area... it's like all 5th wheels (well, a lot of them) where you have to duck when up there if you are over 6' tall like I am.

DES

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D
Occupation
Software Developer & Farmer
Country flag
The real issue with a 5th-wheel or gooseneck is the high walls on the bed of the CyberTruck. The hitch in either case needs to be over the real wheels which brings the height of the bed walls into issue. For example, I own a 5th-wheel camper and there is no way it would work on the CyberTruck as it would rub when making turns and probably wouldn’t even hitch at all due to the bed side height. It’s only a foot it so higher than the bed side on my F250. It may be possible for existing 5th-wheel trailers to have a custom neck installed on them to work with CyberTruck: one that pushes the trailer further back in order to account for the bed side height.

DES

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D
Occupation
Country flag
I think gooseneck hitches that use a high C-Arch style connector could potentially work if they are high enough to clear the bed side walls, but not a normal existing 5th-wheel.

DES

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D
Occupation
Country flag
While you can't zero out the trailer's weight behind the cybertruck, what about a single motor and, say 100mwh battery with regen set up when brakes are applied rather than a standard trailer brake? If the trailer could "push" half it's weight for the 200 or so miles we hope to get out of the Cybertruck, it would be awesome. And yes, cover that top with solar panels to help when dry docking and just keeping things charging and running at all times.

I have no problem with the bed area... it's like all 5th wheels (well, a lot of them) where you have to duck when up there if you are over 6' tall like I am.
I think from a cost-perspective, that would make the camper or trailer too expensive. Now, if they could utilize the trailer as a battery backup with built-in grid-tie, that would be interesting.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Make it into a toy hauler and Im in!
Sponsored