Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The real issue with a 5th-wheel or gooseneck is the high walls on the bed of the CyberTruck. The hitch in either case needs to be over the real wheels which brings the height of the bed walls into issue. For example, I own a 5th-wheel camper and there is no way it would work on the CyberTruck as it would rub when making turns and probably wouldn’t even hitch at all due to the bed side height. It’s only a foot it so higher than the bed side on my F250. It may be possible for existing 5th-wheel trailers to have a custom neck installed on them to work with CyberTruck: one that pushes the trailer further back in order to account for the bed side height.
My 5th wheel is only about 14 inches above my bed. Someone with better math than me needs to tell me how high those sails are when the truck is in it's middle position. I think it'd be okay pulling straight but I've had to have my trailer at a better than 90 degree position during a turn before.

In the Cybertruck's favor is the fact that its bed is lower than mine.
Sponsored

MaxTorque

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS75D, Cybertruck Trimotor
Occupation
Retired Air Force Pilot
Country flag
I wonder if a design with rigid awnings on both sides fitted with solar panels would work? While on the road they could collect some sun but when parked, they electrically raise to optimum solar angle and provide cover as well. That might provide added power while off the grid. Just a thought :)

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck RN112913462, Hummer, and a Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
I wonder if a design with rigid awnings on both sides fitted with solar panels would work? While on the road they could collect some sun but when parked, they electrically raise to optimum solar angle and provide cover as well. That might provide added power while off the grid. Just a thought :)
Flex solar is not as efficient yet, but less likely to break when going mobile. The idea is excellent maybe with combo wind turbine on a telescopic mast. Of course noise and moving parts do breakdown potentially worrisome for injuries.

Billjones101

First Name
Bill Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order
Occupation
landscape
Country flag
Hey we lay down in the bedroom.
Taller eats cross winds and low bridges, and drive through roofs. Keep her low.