Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Elon said specifically there would be no badging on CT for just the reason Dale stated.
Sponsored

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Iā€™m sure when production starts Tesla will put itā€™s ā€œTā€ badge somewhere on the CT. The problem with that people who donā€™t follow auto trends still wonā€™t know what it is! They wonā€™t even suspect itā€™s a truck if the VAULT is closed. Itā€™ll look like some kind of giant futurist SUV. I suppose they could badge them with raised lettering on the fenders or doors (CT/1, CT/2 or CT/3) that would look cool, but the raised badge might add some time to your 0 to 60 due to wind resistance.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Laser Etched!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
No ā€œCybertruckā€œ badging but I think Tesla will be installing a Single Motor, Dual Motor or Tri Motor emblem on the tailgate to distinguish the 3 models. It would look something similar to the Model 3 emblem below.

I also think they will be installing different style/size alloy wheels to help differentiate the 3 models from each other. Nobody wants their $70k CT looking exactly like the $40k version.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck badge ideas DF69D47F-49BB-48F0-937C-207FF4B2ED19

Last edited:

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag
There's no way Tesla doesn't put its badge on the CT. Most people will keep it for 10+ years, and maybe for generations. I believe, there will not be a second generation CT with a steering wheel as the dawn of autonomy is upon us. This truck will be iconic and Tesla just cannot not put its badge on the CT. Actually I would like to see a Tesla badge on CT's frunk larger than any badge on any Mercedes, larger than any badge on any car. Tesla will make a big marketing mistake if it doesn't put a Tesla badge on the CT. It needs to make every Cybertruck owner proud to drive a Tesla. I just don't see how the Cybertruck brand by its own evolves into more than this pickup.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Or dental floss.

The typical auto manufacturer separates the base model from the top of the line model with exterior trim, badging and different wheels and tires. The current F150 is a perfect example. The ST trim looks completely different on the exterior from a Kings Ranch model. You can easily distinguish the two trim lines.

It will be interesting to see how Tesla differentiates the exterior of a $40k Single Motor from a top of the line $70k Tri Motor model. They canā€™t do body colored wheel flares since the CT will not be painted. Different size and style of alloy wheels would be an obvious one along with a Single/Dual/Tri motor tailgate emblem. I predict that the Single Motor, if they decide to even manufacture one, will come with steel wheels with no option to upgrade.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Only if you knew what they were. But hey! Someone linked the SR-71 wiki at me like I hadn't linked a photo of the two planes side by side. As well as a link to the wiki 9-9

I'm pretty sure if I showed most random people a picture of Oxcart they'd call it a Blackbird. C'mon, on another thread someone is saying a Honda CRZ looks like my Mazda 3. One has five doors and the other has three. Like, how can you get them mixed up? But people do.

-Crissa
Sponsored