Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Real people doing real stuffs with the CT. I love it!
I’m glad to see there is a group of us “Cybercampers”. There was so many who scorned me earlier, “why would you want to camp in the vault”? Because you can!

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
The sole purpose of my CT reservation is my desire to have a Camping and Adventure EV capable of pulling a Light Travel trailer (5K lbs).. to replace my ModelY.

We currently have a Bronco Sport which is great for adventures… but lacking in the two other key areas

I’m glad to see there is a group of us “Cybercampers”. There was so many who scorned me earlier, “why would you want to camp in the vault”? Because you can!

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
The sole purpose of my CT reservation is my desire to have a Camping and Adventure EV capable of pulling a Light Travel trailer (5K lbs).. to replace my ModelY.

We currently have a Bronco Sport which is great for adventures… but lacking in the two other key areas
I have a lighter 3K RV. If I can get 156 miles range, I'll be happy as this is our ideal distance between campsites. We got too much time on our hands and enjoy the sights in leisurely drive.

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a lighter 3K RV. If I can get 156 miles range, I'll be happy as this is our ideal disrances between campsites. We got too much time on our hands and enjoy the sights in leisurely drive.
At least CT can tow 6500 lb 25 ft AS for 160 miles. Not sure your light RV's aero but it should be able to handle 160 miles with only 3000lb unless your trailer is extremely bad on aero.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
I spent some time looking for an air mattress that fits the CT's bed which is 73" long and 51" wide. I didn't find anything. Luno makes a good air mattress for Tesla vehicles, but not for the Cybertruck as yet. Their 6 foot long truck bed mattress has wheel well cut outs which I didn't like. I finally found a workable solution using two EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" memory foam air mattresses. I like that they are only 3" thick since vertical space in the vault is limited (20" at the gate and 29" at depth). The mattresses are a snug fit width-wise. There's no way they will separate at night. I tried lying on them in the bed and they were reasonably comfortable when inflated fully. I was able to get them at REI on sale for $127 each (regular price is $169.95) Here's a photo:

CybertruckAirMattress.jpg

I haven't slept in the vault yet. Anyone 5'-10" or shorter will have no problem (unless you suffer from claustrophobia). I proved to myself that I can open the gate from inside the vault with my Tesla app, as well as open and close the tonneau cover. The LED lights are great. Their intensity can be adjusted on the app.

I think that using the vault for sleeping on a camping trip will work out fine. No need for a tent on the ground or on top of the CT. When there's rain in the forecast, I'll back the truck under a 10'x10' canopy to keep the inside of the vault 100% dry even when opening the tonneau. When it's time to sleep all the things needed for camping are unloaded from the bed and placed outside (locked up if necessary), or put in the cabin behind the front seats. The vault provides a level of security a tent can't.

To heat or cool the vault I'm devising a solution using a BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump which I will show in a later post. The BougeRV is amazingly quiet and has more than enough capacity to heat or cool the 54 cf vault.

CT Heat Pump.jpg
Nice work! I've used an Exped in my Y 50+ times and saved a ton on hotels while road-tripping. It's super comfy but I wish it would air down a bit easier so it wouldn't take up as much space when not in use.

I'm 6'3" so I'm going to have to go diagonal to fully stretch out and even then it will be very tight but hopefully doable.

Your heat pump sounds interesting!!

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Is there still some emergency means to get out in case your phone dies?
There’s an outlet in the bed of the truck. If you let your phone die in an all electric truck, you deserve to be stuck in the back.

Also, there’s a manual release in the tailgate.

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I dont see a way in the Tesla app to change the intensity of the LED lights. only inside the cabin on the screen.
Select 'Controls' on the app and scroll down to so this page:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump Vault light control

Auto will turn on and off the lights when the tonneau is opened and closed. Turn Auto off to set the intensity of the lights using the slider.

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Absolutely! I will be using my CT for off-road adventure travel and camping. I want to get away from overcrowded state and national parks which require camping reservations made months in advance. Our national forests and deserts have thousands of trails to places offering beautiful vistas and perfect solitude. But with solitude comes the issue of safety. The CT vault provides a secure place to sleep whether in the wild or anyplace you want to stop for a night's sleep.

Fedork

First Name
Fedor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
I spent some time looking for an air mattress that fits the CT's bed which is 73" long and 51" wide. I didn't find anything. Luno makes a good air mattress for Tesla vehicles, but not for the Cybertruck as yet. Their 6 foot long truck bed mattress has wheel well cut outs which I didn't like. I finally found a workable solution using two EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" memory foam air mattresses. I like that they are only 3" thick since vertical space in the vault is limited (20" at the gate and 29" at depth). The mattresses are a snug fit width-wise. There's no way they will separate at night. I tried lying on them in the bed and they were reasonably comfortable when inflated fully. I was able to get them at REI on sale for $127 each (regular price is $169.95) Here's a photo:

CybertruckAirMattress.jpg

I haven't slept in the vault yet. Anyone 5'-10" or shorter will have no problem (unless you suffer from claustrophobia). I proved to myself that I can open the gate from inside the vault with my Tesla app, as well as open and close the tonneau cover. The LED lights are great. Their intensity can be adjusted on the app.

I think that using the vault for sleeping on a camping trip will work out fine. No need for a tent on the ground or on top of the CT. When there's rain in the forecast, I'll back the truck under a 10'x10' canopy to keep the inside of the vault 100% dry even when opening the tonneau. When it's time to sleep all the things needed for camping are unloaded from the bed and placed outside (locked up if necessary), or put in the cabin behind the front seats. The vault provides a level of security a tent can't.

To heat or cool the vault I'm devising a solution using a BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump which I will show in a later post. The BougeRV is amazingly quiet and has more than enough capacity to heat or cool the 54 cf vault.

CT Heat Pump.jpg
does app still work if there is no cell reception?
Sponsored