Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I did it almost completely for range. Doesn't make economic sense, $20,000 for 200 miles. Did it anyway. May change my mind later.

Will definitely go back to dual if they offer a long range version of 500+ miles.
I ordered the tri-motor for the range. I cannot imagine 2.9 second 0-60 in anything, let alone a tank. My wife's Model 3 LR has what I consider an insane acceleration at 4.5 seconds, so if the CT could even match that I think it might be scary for normal driving. The MX I test drove was kind of scary off the line. Anyway, I'll stick with the try-motor as I am socking away the money and hope to have enough before the delivery date..

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Thanks. I am curious what the primary reason for others getting tri motor ? I think 0-60 in 2.9 in amazing but I would rather have Range!! I would rather have 0 to 60 in 10 seconds with 700 miles of range?. Contemplating changing to tri motor based on range alone. Dual motor with 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds is plenty fast.
I was hoping the tri motor drivetrain will have the disconnect feature of the Semi, which would add to the range.

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They announced bed is 6 feet long 4 feet wide. They moved cabin forward six inches to make bed six feet. It was on a video.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They announced bed is 6 feet long 4 feet wide. They moved cabin forward six inches to make bed six feet. It was on a video.
6.5 by >4, specifically, but that half a foot seems to be reclaimed space behind the back seats that is wasted in say a Lightning or used for the gear tunnel in a Rivian.

This is the same specs as the original prototype, although the pre-production prototype has pinch-in for the rear steering. They only promised over four feet, so as long as it's about that by an inch or four, they kept their promise.

-Crissa
Sponsored